All reviews bedroom suite full kitchen toilet handle waffles waffle machine manager on duty front desk staff rooms are comfortable sofa bed basketball tournament business traveler great room quiet location quiet room complimentary breakfast great customer service fitness room
Reviewed 16 July 2018

The Residence Inn was excellent. Easy to get to, clean and most accommodating We were with our Softball team and wives. ( about 35-40 people) The management went out of there way to be helpful. The day Manager was the best. One of the wives was in need of a cane and he gladly gave her his (from Afghanistan. he didn't need it any more) . We had daily good breakfast everyday and dinner for the 3 nights we were there. Service was excellent and they even set up a special room for us.rooms were clean, and comfortable. Parking was made easy.

Room tip: We had a 2 bedrooms suite but from what I understand all the rooms are great. It is only 3 floors and an elevator.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Connielavarone,

Thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn Salem! I am delighted to hear that your team enjoyed their experience and that the team went above and beyond to make your stay great. I know our team enjoyed each and every one of your travelers, too. We do hope that you all will consider returning if you are in Salem again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel to stay only for business. Swimming pool was nice.
They do not have variety of food for breakfast.
Staff are kind and help any moment.
Beds are comfortable.
The hotel is good.
I really recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank patriciakulkarni2018
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Patricia P,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you found the hotel comfortable! We hope you'll stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Salem.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

After a long day of driving, the hotel was a nice and quiet retreat. Friendly front desk staff, decent shower (okay—weird “boil water” notice, but that’s not their fault), and comfortable bed. I’ll echo the “tons of work space, and I really liked the chaise instead of a couch. Convenient to I-5, and we were able to get out at a decent hour after a wonderful respite. Thank you!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Amy M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review of your experience at the Residence Inn Salem. I am glad that you found our hotel comfortable and conveniently located. Please come back and see us when your travels bring you back this way!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

The Residence Inn in Salem was very comfortable. The rooms are huge and have lots of space to work. I work out of my room a lot and it's nice to have a couch, a table, and a desk to work from. I also love that their hot tub stays open late instead of closing at 9 or 10. It is conveniently located with lots of restaurants near by. The complimentary breakfast is top notch with lots of options.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Grant L,
Thank you so much for your review. I am very glad that our large suite was comfortable for you. We hope to see you again if you return to Salem.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

I am not sure where to start with this. First the staff were nice and thats about all the good I can say. No way is this a category 5 Marriott and if it is and I am staying at the wrong brand. When we checked in as Elites we were not offered the water and snacks although other were. Our room the chair was broken it was very run down and the hairdryer had bare wire. The tub had a hole in it and a huge hump in the middle making it very unstable.They had electric cords plugged in the wall running from the hallway into the pool area with kids and wet feet running across them......really I was dumbfounded.The pool area was so over chlorinated it made me nauseous so we skipped it. The breakfast was a nightmare as apparently this is a transient area parents sent their kids down to have breakfast before school unattended and they filled the waffle machine with chocolate chips and just about put their hands on most of the food. The car next to us had its window smashed out in the parking lot and we had glass all over our car. I can't even believe this would be in the Marriott brand and not sure why its a 5 and not a 1. Very disappointed and stayed at better quality inns.

Room tip: go somewhere else.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank UKVISIT
Julie M, General Manager at Residence Inn Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear UKVISIT,

I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience. We are an older property in need of an update. We have been informed we will receive a renovation in 2019. We will pass along your comments to the appropriate hotel team to see where we may improve. Thank you for your comments regarding the staff.