“My favorite restaurant in Salem( I live there)”
Review of Andaluz

Andaluz
Ranked #36 of 601 Restaurants in Salem
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Diverse tapas menu that changes seasonally. Wonderful options for cocktails and wine. The demi hot chocolate drink reminds me of the Italian thick chocolate we had in Italy.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I met a friend for an early happy hour. I didn’t realize they didn’t open until 4:30 (sign on the door said 4:00). We waited as it was 10 minutes until they opened. When it was time to open the hostess flipped the sign over and walked away. It seemed rude to not open the door or at least greet us. We sat down and the menus were not printed yet. We got our menus and ordered. The food was good, however the timing was off. The items did not come out together but several minutes apart. The food tasted great but we were hardly checked on by the staff. Overall I was underwhelmed.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We stopped in on a Saturday night. The restaurant was steadily busy, but there was always an open table. We were seated immediately. There were 3 wait staff, a bartender, and 2 cooks. We ordered margaritas from the happy hour. The drinks came, we drank them, and no one came around to check on us or take our food order. On the margaritas, I believe they used fresh lime juice, but I couldn't taste any tequila and subsequently didn't have a second round during dinner. When staff finally returned to get our order, we ordered the croquettes, the fresh mozzarella plate, the Caesar salad, and shrimp and grits. We watched the croquettes sitting on the counter near the cooks for awhile, then the staff brought them over. The croquettes tasted terrible...like Kaukauna Club cheese ball and chunks of bacon rolled in panko and fried. An awkward amount of time later, the salad was delivered. The Caesar Salad was also terrible: the dressing was more like a ranch without the herbs, rather than a sardine-infused traditional Caesar dressing. The romaine lettuce was fresh enough and the few croutons were crunchy. There was grated parmesan on it, but not enough to really help it. It was a small shred parmesan, so I suspect store-bought. Again, a significantly long wait between "small plate tapas." The cooks, meanwhile, are looking bored back in the kitchen area. Here comes the next plate. The wait staff leaves the margarita glasses and doesn't bring fresh tasting plates. My partner orders a second margarita. The mozzarella tasted store bought as well. Not velvety, fresh- pulled mozzarella, but a grainy sliced 1/2 ball on a bed of very bland pesto of some sort. The olive oil drizzle was also bland. A good peppery drizzle would have been so much better. The pickled red onions did help this dish. During this time, no wait staff. No one asks about the remaining croquettes. No fresh drinks. We cancelled the shrimp and grits order and asked for the check. No inquiry about dessert. One other point which isn't any fault of the restaurant: other diners tended to hold the door open and quite a bit of cold air blasted us sitting at our table. I was really cold.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Amazing burrito bowl and churros with authentic chocolate. Check this place out if you are passing through. Oh and the staff are fantastic and super friendly

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with a co-worker. I had the chicken burrito bowl. The food was excellent, presented well and delivered fast. This is definitely a place I will return to and bring friends.

If you are looking for a quality lunch from a simple menu I would stop here.