“Good tapas”

Ranked #66 of 546 Restaurants in Salem
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I haven't been disappointed in my many outings to Andaluz. There is no waiting space though so during certain dining hours, it can be tight to stand and wait for a table.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Wonderful assortment of some of my favorite tapas. Great textures across all of the dishes we tried. Tortilla Espanhola was not heavy; salmon cakes were sooo... fresh fluffy, and crunchy; the best I've had outside of Maryland. Fantastic flan and the freshest, airy churros I've ever had. Nice twists added to classic cocktails such as exotic bitters...; a joy to be able to get a perfectly crafted pisco sour outside of Chile/Peru. Attentive service. Nice wine and sherry assortment to finish your meal as well.

1  Thank Ratazana
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Hubby and I had dined at Andaluz several times before and were always very pleased. We hadn't been in a while and decided that for our 26th Anniversary on Wednesday that it was the perfect choice for our evening. Got there close to opening 4:30-ish -Happy Hour!...And were the only patrons there. Wow - they had really jazzed up the interior - great ceiling drapes and just enough jujuzz in the rest of the space to make it elegant without being pretentiously hipster. Sexy Spanish music (not Christmas - thank goodness - well, don't really know since we don't speak Spanish - LOL!) Brittany was our fabulous server (who, incidentally looks like Max on Two Broke Girls) We tried almost every single thing on the food menu: bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese, the Cascade Bakery Bread with Chived Butter and Olive Oil was YUM! Crepes-to-die-for with a perfectly cooked sunny-up fried egg on top, even though Creamed Broccoli with Hazelnuts (filberts) sounds odd - BUT - it was delish to the last schmear of cream, Chorizo-Parmesan Croquettes...like I said...just about every menu item...Oink, Oink. I know there was more, but by then I was in a deliriously happy food-gasm...

I started the alcoholic segment of the evening with a draft Dunkelweizen, always a smooth choice - and then - since you can't fly on one wing - had the red Sangria - perfectly executed - not too sweet - not too tart. Hubby began with the Sherry Lemonade - which he has had before - he loves it, and the Black Manhattan with Buffalo Trace, Oloroso Sherry, and black walnut bitters as his second drink. And to top off the lovely evening - The Grand Finale, 'cause we just couldn't stop ourselves - the light-as-a-feather gloriously cinnamon-covered Churros with chocolate sauce and...wait for it.....the Spanish Coffee! Our lovely and engaging server, Brittany, made a Dante's Inferno spectacle while mixing up the flaming love potion and.....then...after paying our surprisingly small bill....we waddled together off into the night with dreams of ...undoing the top buttons of our pants when we got to the car....OINK!

4  Thank Anita N
Reviewed 25 October 2016

David is such a perfectionist - everything is fabulous! Great serving staff, drinks and fun desserts.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Andaluz is in the heart of downtown Salem among other restaurants and shops. It is small but great. We enjoyed several dishes! The Spanish tortilla is more like a quiche. The Potatoes Bravas are fabulous. The Cuban sandwich was really good. They are a fork-to-mouth restaurant, so they use local ingredients. The staff was friendly and helpful. It made for a lovely evening and the price was reasonable too. We were stuffed when we saw the next table get a plate of heirloom tomatoes as a salad. Ugh! Too full to try it! It looked wonderful!