“Lovely food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Two couples for dinner. I had the mushroom ravioli. Absolutely delicious. A good portion size or I would have eaten too much!
Each couple shared a dessert which was also good.
Friendly staff.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I love the setting of this restaurant and I love their vodka martinis but the last two times I have been here I have been treated poorly. Well not this time. I said to my wife "Let's give Gamberetti's one more try." She agreed. I can sit outside with my dog, he has grass to lie on, and my wife can walk over after work. It could be perfect. Well this time it was. We were greeted as we walked up, promptly seated, I requested a table by a pole to give my dog and other people more space; I got a martini and relaxed. My wife showed, we had an excellent meal, I had Lasagna, she had the pork gnocchi, and we had a nice chat over an excellent meal. I'm happy to be able to feel confident that my dog and I are welcome at one of my favorite restaurants and dining spots in Salem.
You might ask why I rated them as "excellent" since I had two poor experiences prior. Because it WAS an excellent experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Over the last few years, my ratings have dropped steadily for this restaurant. I decided to try it again with family and I was very pleased that it has learned from its mistakes and has regained the quality I had first been impressed with when they opened.

No, this is not Italy, but they use local fresh ingredients to good effect.

My Cioppino was richly stocked with corvina (white fish), bay shrimp, large shrimp, clams and a half small lobster. The broth included chopped carrots, tomato, fennel, celery, garlic and onion. The broth was spicy, but not overwhelming. Delicious Olive Bread helped sop up the remaining broth.

Carol's corvina Mediterranean was delicately roasted and perfectly flaky. She substituted linguini for the gnocchi and was pleased with the texture and flavor. The sauce was a combination of tomato, kalamata olives, and capers, which seemed to be simmered in a white wine reduction. The flavors were well balanced.

Another in our party enjoyed the misto mare Alfredo, and replaced the corvina with extra shrimp. He was quite pleased with this meal, which was loaded with shrimp and clams.

The fourth in our party was not feeling adventurous and ordered the spaghetti and meatballs with gluten free pasta. Not thrilled, but satisfied.

The small spinach and fennel salad we shared was plenty for 2 people, and included pancetta and was topped with Parmesan. It was quite tasty with a sherry vinaigrette.

Servers were attentive and friendly. It is a little loud in this room with the hard floors and high ceiling. I like that, but others found it hard to hear.

All in all, this was a fine meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I loved the big garlic teeth they gave me as per my request. As for the sauce, comsi comes_a. I am not a fan of their red sauce but my husband loves it. Service was great. The ambiance: very nice. The bread was exceptionally fresh and tasty. Very skimpy with the Parmesan cheese but a goog grade of Parmesan. I will go back.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

After walking all around the town in search of gardens and parks, we decided to try Gamberetti's as it was on the way back to our hotel. Reviews of this restaurant were all over the map so we were a little leery of eating there. Our fears proved to be largely unfounded. Walking to the entrance we saw people eating various salads, entrees and desserts with gusto out on their front patio dining area.

After selected a couple of glasses of wine with the help of a surprisingly knowledgeable waiter, we split their salad trio which contained a small Cesare, Mista and Caprese salads in a long platter. Everyone one of the salads was a tasty compliment to our wine choices. Savoring the wines, the salads and the setting, we soon forgot about our entree until the waiter apologized for the long wait caused by a large party inside the restaurant.

For our main dish we chose the Molte Carne Tortellini which came with a bolognese sauce, marinara, cream, Italian sausage, meatball, and cheese tortellini. Listed as a meat lovers dream, I cannot disagree. We had planned to try their Tiramisu, but dinner proved be quite filling and satisfying.

Recommend for those who like a leisurely meal in a park setting.

1  Thank RealRoadWarrior

Been to Gamberetti's? Share your experiences!