“Best breakfast in town!”
Review of Word of Mouth

Word of Mouth
Ranked #1 of 588 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Word of Mouth is hands down the best breakfast in town if you are willing to wait to get seated. However, going solo isn't a bad idea as you can get seated at the bar pretty quickly. My absolute favorite menu item is the Flying Biscuit. The most tender piece of buttermilk fried chicken, melted cheddar cheese, a fried egg and smoked bacon inside of a large, melt in your mouth flaky biscuit covered with generous amounts of sausage gravy and served with a side of smashed baby Yukon Gold potatoes. Large enough to save half for a second delicious meal later in the day! I've had other yummy breakfast items at WOM, but keep going back to my favorite :)

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Great food good atmosphere and service. Menu held something for everyone and reasonably priced.
Never had a bad experience at this establishment

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Don't let the lines scare you off. This place is well worth the wait. Best corn beef hash I've ever tasted and the omelette's are to die for! Come hungry!!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Wow...outstanding...total 5-Star breakfast. So to begin with, I am not a patient guy and I don't ever like having to wait more than 5-10 minutes at a restaurant...and I read (and heard) that Word of Mouth was the best breakfast in Salem but there was always a wait, usually from 45-60 minutes. So when my wife insisted we had to try it I was reluctant and not entirely supportive...and rather frustrated by the 45 minute wait. And not only was it completely worth the wait, but my 3 kids announced after breakfast that it was AMAZING and one of the Top-3 breakfast places they have ever tried anywhere! I admit...it rocked! Everything we tried (five different dishes) was outstanding...truly spectacular food, service and ambiance. We loved (and would order again)...Cinnamon Roll Pancake, Creme-Brulee French Toast, Asparagus and Brie Omelette, Pork Friend Steak, Hot Chocolate (massive and delicious) and The Works Omelette. Loved it all...massive portions...good value...great coffee. Wish the wait was not so long...but amazingly worth it! 5-Star experience...hope to return soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Expect to wait, but this place is amazing. Great food, great service, and really good Bloody Marys. Been here a few times and will be back again when in town.

Been to Word of Mouth? Share your experiences!