See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Walking in past a filthy trash can should have stopped us. But the smoke smell really got to us, they allow smoking in some rooms. You know it spreads! This place is not clean. Breakfast included was a joke. A waffle maker, cereal, muffin and coffee. Booked 4 nights, I didn’t want to even stay the one night that we did stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Paid 120 dollars for this and the continental breakfast was very lame. Coffee with only plain creamer, no half and half, no flavored creamers. Only a handful of small packaged danishes, 2 choices of cereal and a waffle maker for food. I have seen so much better for a less expensive motel.
And the key cards wouldn't hold the room number. Saw numerous people having their keys redone.
Our bathroom door didn't like to close.
We were in room 310.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bacoopersundog
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This Inn was one of the lodging list booked for a convention in Woodburn, Oregon. Unfortunately, because the other lodging lists listed were full, my sister booked for 3 rooms, Their room, her 3 grown up children, and ours. The PRO’s : their 2 double bed occupancy is wide enough and comfortable for 4 people together with luggages. The CONS: rooms were reserved NON SMOKING, but when we arrived, the hallways in 3rd floor has a very strong odor of cigarette smokes and a mixed other odors. Inside the rooms, still with strong smell of smokes... NO coffee maker, NO microwave. NO iron and ironing board which is a must for conventions. Continental breakfast consists of 2 kinds of cereals, 1 waffle maker, 1 loaf bread, a toaster and 3 coffee dispenser, milk and orange juice... it starts at 630am, friday, I made my breakfast at 730am but at 830am nothing were replaced... Saturday, scarce continental breakfast. Sunday, their outlet got overloaded, only one outlet for the bread toaster and waffle maker... no more continental breakfast, no more coffee either... The room door can’t properly closed with one try,even the small ref inside the room. The room doorknob is rusty, The toilet has rusts in it ... the fitted sheets has stains of something white in it, so it seems like it’s not laundered... have to call to change. Reservation, when we checked in, the young lady was nice and efficient, no problem, although most of fellow delegates had a problem in the front desk, maybe they were not help by this young nice lady, I didn’t get her name and did not see her anymore, maybe it was her weekend off. Check out was okay for us. It’s not fast, but okay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I decided to stay here since we were in town for a soccer tournament. Rodeway Inn had the only availability that fit our needs. I read the other reviews and thought I'd see for myself.

Upon check-in, the lobby smelled like cigarette smoke, as the other reviews mentioned. The front desk attendant was helpful on the phone (I had called in advance to check availability) & in-person. He didn't smile but he was helpful. The check-in process was under 10 minutes.

We went up to our room (308) and immediately met with the smell of weed drifting through the hallways. Again, I was expecting this from the other reviews. Once we got into our room, it didn't smell at all. I started searching our room to see if the previous guest left anything behind. Sure enough! - a pair of kids sneakers and chapstick. Bahaha!! Just like the other reviews mentioned.

We had a great view of the highway and didn't hear much noise from the roads. Most of the noise was from the thin walls and voices from the hallway since our door had a huge gap along the bottom.

Wi-fi was free but very slow from where we were at. Ended up using the data. Boo!

We visited the pool but the lighting was very dim at night. From what we could see, the water looked dirty. We definitely took a long shower afterwards. Pool towels are available at the front desk.

Fire department showed up while we left the pool but I'm unsure why. It was enough for one guest to check-out after being there only 2 hours.

Breakfast was free but expect it to be a continental breakfast. Juices and coffee available even though Salem is currently experiencing water contamination.

Overall it was as I expected since I read the reviews in advance. If you're expecting a 3-5 star hotel, skip the Rodeway Inn.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Leann P
Reviewed 21 June 2018

the room was clean and quiet, indoor rooms, indoor pool (was a little cold there), poolwater was clean and ok, separate towels at the pool, breakfast could be better, very friendly and helpful staff, great parking lot, wifi was very good, would go there again

Room tip: best wifi on 2 nd floor
Date of stay: June 2018