All reviews waffles front desk breakfast room biscuits and gravy king bed stay there again coffee maker two sinks sitting area visiting family indoor pool a nice place to stay rooms are large one night stay cookies free breakfast dawn
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We live in Salem but had an unexpected 10 day stay here due to delays getting into our new house. The entire property was clean & comfortable, every staff member very friendly and helpful. A special shout out to Katie & others at the front desk who were extremely helpful & reassuring when we had to extend out stay. Thank you all for being the bright spot during our stressful week!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Lori T,

Thank you so much for your review! Our staff works tirelessly to provide all of our guests with a positive experience and we appreciate you sharing yours! I'll make sure to share your kudos with the staff!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I have attended weddings in the Salem/Monmouth/Dallas vicinity two summers in a row now, and my experience is that there are just not a lot of decent hotels available...and the rooms that are available aren't super cheap. So given that context, I crossed my fingers that $150 would get me an acceptable room at the Phoenix. I was in luck on this trip, as I really was quite pleased with my stay! The front desk staff were courteous and professional, and I was able to check into my room 2 hours early at 2 pm. My room was the standard variety with one king bed, and there was plenty of space. Two sinks and a huge bathroom counter, outside of the shower/toilet room! There was a little couch with ottoman plus a microwave, coffee maker, and small refrigerator. Powerful A/C and heat (I used both!) and a comfortable bed. There are a few dings and signs of wear here and there, but overall the room was clean and very presentable. I would definitely stay here again based on my experience!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Michelle D, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Jennifer C,

Thank you so much for your excellent review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you sharing your experience. I will make sure to pass along the kudos to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Salem!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

This hotel has it's good points, nice roomy rooms, microwave, coffee maker, and fridge. The bed is quite comfortable and nice blankets on the bed. The window shades are great - don't let light in. There is a desk too. The shower has great water pressure - good thick towels. A pretty typical breakfast buffet is offered. On the needs improvement side of things: the outlets in the room as old and most of them don't hold my electronic devices plugs. There are plugs on lamps that don't accommodate I-pad's larger plugs. The AC over cools (my room AC was set on 54 degrees when I walked in). It's also a little rattlely, There was no black tea (or caffeinated tea) at breakfast. Overall, certainly a nice place to stay. I'd stay here again. .

Room tip: Odd rooms on 2nd floor are really first floor
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Michelle D, General Manager at Phoenix Inn Suites Salem, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

B2493DYkathyl,

Thank you so much for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback. Everything noted helps us grow as a hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Salem!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in #414. Giant clean room with a divider between queen and king bed. Tons of room with a quiet fridge and clean fresh towels. Just perfect perfect perfect! Close to everything and so super quiet. Loved it.

Trip type: Travelled with family

NonaWolfman,

Thank you so much for your excellent review! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Salem!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We expected a lot more then what we got. The place was way over priced for what we got. It is just about average for an older motel. It was dark, old looking, and kind of "bare bones" all around. The pool is in doors and looked not to inviting. The free breakfast was "greasy" according to others in our group. We had a large family check in our 2nd night, and were put directly above us. It was like a herd of horses above us. And it continued until we went down and complained at the desk. (11:30 pm) We stayed because it was close to people we were visiting, but next time will find other arrangements. Had issues with plug in the bathroom kept tripping and had to be reset alot. Room was dark and dated. Beds were ok.

1  Thank andy r

andy r,

Thank you for your review. It sounds like we fell short in providing you with the excellent experience our other guests rave about. Please reach out to me directly the next time you plan on coming to Salem and I'll make sure your time with us is the positive experience you deserve.