See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Room was fine, staff was helpful. Chris was nice enough to come to the room and adjust the cable tv since it was newly installed. Also it was very nice to be given an extra hour to check out. Would recommend this motel despite the outward appearance, which is unfortunate, but fine and quite comfortable for a short stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

We thank you for you comments and are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are also happy to hear that Chris was wonderful and able to help you with your needs. Again thank you for your comment and staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Motel 6 Staff

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Owner/Manager Never around to answer any questions or address any concerns.

Bed Bugs in Rooms 111, 116 and 119 plus I'm sure in many other surrounding rooms(like 110-118 and 210-219) if not in every room.

Called twice now and asked that Nick [--] give us a call but as of this review he has not.

Not having a place to live we were stuck here as it was the cheapest place in the area but they offered no monthly, weekly or any other type of considerable discount other than the measly 10% off being an AARP member and I highly doubt we even got all the points due us.

Approximately $2215 per month for a Bug Infested Place.

By far THE WORST Motel 6 we have EVER stayed in , in the USA(Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Florida, New York)

No guest laundry, Pool was never open during the Summer even though they kept promising that it would be, they also kept saying that flat screen televisions would be installed in every room and that security cameras would be installed throughout the property. All talk but No action!

We had to check out yesterday per there no stays over 28 consecutive days Policy ...because if you stayed over 30 you would be a resident which makes it more difficult to evict you PLUS they wouldn't be able to charge you the daily taxes anymore. Per AARP it's a 2pm check-out but instead of just taking it for granted, we did notify the front desk staff that we would need till at least 2pm if not later. We were there for so long with a lot of personal belongings and we had no transportation to leave as quickly as we would've liked to. No one from the front desk said anything to us and neither did the housekeeping staff.

A few minutes after 4 when we were finally able to leave...we had to call the front desk and let them know that we left and that we had forgotten two boxes under the bathroom sink. At that time we were told that they would hold the two boxes for us , we could come and get them at any time but other than that we are banned from the property and not welcome to stay there anymore.

Their rates right now are about $7 more than the corporate owned Motel 6 a few miles away.

Greedy owners. Slumlords.

I do not recommend this Motel 6 !!!

Pictures below are of the mini refrigerator where everything including your water and salad freezes.
Repeated calls to the front desk for maintenance went no where.

Ants all over the bathroom floors and walls upon walking into the room on the first day.

Bathroom and other window not only painted over and nailed or bolted shut but both have pieces welded from top to bottom and this is definitely a fire hazard.

Second picture below is my sheet on the first day that seems to have cigarette burns or moth holes in.

terrible, Terrible, TERRIBLE!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Motel6Salem, Webmaster at Motel 6 Salem Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Motel 6during your recent visit.
We are sorry that it wasn’t the pleasant experience as you expected.
Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.
Upon receipt of your review, the cleaning and maintenance staff has been instructed to check the amenities and hygiene level and to ensure that they are in the best condition.
We have also taken pest control measures to the entire property.
We take our reviews very seriously and hope to see you again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

I've stayed at many Motel 6's in the past and "I get, they're cheap." But this one was disturbing. A lady knocking on our door in the evening looking for someone who was living there, made us feel uncomfortable. We parked our car directly in front of our room so we could keep an eye on it. The main light in the room worked but the sink and separate toilet/shower room lights did not work. Good luck going to the bathroom at night. When we booked, we called the motel to confirm they had a pool. When we got there the pool looked beautiful. Sorry pool is closed. Needed to be inspected. I can understand that they need to be inspected, but they shouldn't advertise a pool if you can't use it. Next time I will pay slightly more and get somewhere I can at least feel safe.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Motel6Salem, Webmaster at Motel 6 Salem Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Even if every place in the city is booked and this was the only place available, you would be better off sleeping in your car.
First, this place seems to have interesting residents that call this place home. The kind of residents who conduct business throughout the night. Like the person next to us who also had her "chauffeur" drive her and to pick up clients and then he would stand guard outside her door. Then there was the person above us who had many visitors all night long, coming and going, running up and down the stairs, door opening and closing and then the shower running with each visitor. At least she kept it clean. Then there were young gentlemen who were searching for their friend Gary. What kind of friends carries a Polaroid, knocking on random doors, then looking at the picture comparing to whoever answers the door? Like my 15 year old son. Obviously they were looking not just for Gary but what Gary has to sell, based upon the roll of money that one guy took out of his pocket and would put it into the other. Second... Noise, the fact that I could hear just about it very other word from our neighbor while connecting business, and the moans from above, walls are very thin. Then there's the person who insists on honking his horn randomly throughout the day and night. Its never quiet so forget about getting any rest no matter how tired you are. And unless you are a train enthusiast, the tracks are next door. Hopefully you're a night person tho, cause its running all night long.
Third...The rooms themselves could use a major renovation to bring it more into the current century. I should have taken some pics cause its beyond words. The bedding, looked alright. More like it had been slept in. Like someone checked in, started to crawl into bed and then heard the train and saw the ant trail that led into the bathroom from the other side of the wall, and decided to play it smart and get out of there. So if this is your kind of scene, terrific, but for the rest...RUN far, far away from this place. The only positive would be the staff at the front desk. Very pleasant.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Julane D
Motel6Salem, Webmaster at Motel 6 Salem Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our busy hotel here in Salem. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

My family and I stayed not for vacation but to wait until our apartment was ready for move-in. We recently moved to Oregon. This property recently changed management to Motel 6. I've never experienced a Motel 6 before but it was what I was expecting. Very outdated but I think it's because they are in transition. The shower itself was small and the shower head was very strange. The TV's were old along with the microwave and refrigerator. We did a room-move, so our first room had a door with a security latch but no deadbolt, but the second room had both. The AC was very old, but it worked!

However, the location was perfect because it was away from the "busy-ness" but close enough to Walmart, Lancaster Mall, etc. Additionally, the I-5 access was super convenient. They were changing their cable so the TV was down for a day, but before I could say anything about it the staff took care of us by applying 10% off our bill.

The property definitely needs a lot of cosmetic work, but in time I'm sure it will be okay. The staff was extremely friendly and portrayed excellent customer service.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our hotel here in Salem, which is indeed changing and improving. Our goal is to provide a consistently superior guest experience, and your comments are very important to us. We rely on guests like you to tell us when we’re doing well and when we aren’t so we can get better. If we let you down, I apologize. We have taken note of these comments to make sure we do better than ever for future guests. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.