“Beautiful Scenery, Lovely Resource, Not as Clean as Some Other Oregon Hot Springs”
Review of Umpqua Hot Springs

Ranked #10 of 41 things to do in Roseburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated 150 feet over the North Umpqua River and close to Crater Lake National Park.
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Really beautiful and we did enjoy it. We did not find it to be very clean. But really beautiful scenery, cool design with multiple pools cut into the hillside. Nice folks up there, and considerate. Glad we went and experienced it once. Probably will not visit again.

2  Thank Tiffany L

Reviewed 13 May 2017

This is a wonderful place, hidden along a winding hilly footpath, across the river from a car park. The car park itself is a long winding route off the road in a seriously potholed road - it isn't easy or comfortable to get to! As such it was mostly people in their 20s/30s up there. When we arrived it was quiet and we got a lovely pond to ourselves, although got busier later on and there were quite a few people smoking weed which wasn't ideal. But the ponds are separate enough that everyone can co-exist and the views across the valley and smell of the trees are just stunning. So happy we made the trip there.

4  Thank Stuart Y
Reviewed 10 April 2017

This area is quit a ways out into the national forest. and after parking a walk up a trail. The area in somewhat maintained and there camping areas where you park. The springs are on top of a rock bluff and you will find every type of person there at different time. Sometimes nice families. Hippies. Drug addicts. Perverts.... If you go there be careful. With a group you like you should be OK.

3  Thank aquacop123
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Absolutely beautiful, awe inspiring, truly God's country. My only drawback would be is that we took our 4 year old grandson to the Springs. On the way up the short trail we encountered some young people coming down the trail They were completely naked. I did not see any sign that said clothes optional. Of course there was no security guard there so we had no recourse but to just laugh and act like it was nothing. But, the Hot Springs were very nice and clean. Yes, I would go there again.

7  Thank kobesgamma
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

If you google Umqua Hot Springs, it will take you directly to the entrance. Don't depend on signs since some turns were missing them. The mile drive to the parking had too many potholes for our sedan to handle, but we made it. The restroom in the parking lot is an out house so don't depend on changing in there. The hike to the springs is steep but short. Once you get there, you forget how long you drove, or how many pot holes damaged your car because these small pools are one of a kind. I have been wanting to go to any hot springs and these were a wonderful start. I'm not sure how much better they can get. Some of the pools are hot, some are warm, while others are too cool for the weather we went in. It was 45 degrees and I couldn't tell since I was so amazed by the scenery. My husband and I sat in our pool for about an hour and we couldn't believe how beautiful this experience was. Definitely worth the drive.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member