Lowest prices for your stay
Wyndham
SAVE US$4
Agoda.comUS$68
PricelineUS$68
Hotels.comUS$70
All reviews continental breakfast comfortable bed stay there again the breakfast area motel retro kitchenette cereal lock
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2020 via mobile

Hurried to find a place on the way to the coast. BiG mistake. Broken tv stand, stains, bad smell. Out dated and gross room. Not sure who cleans but this is horrible. No up keep. Very disappointed in the stay. No where near worth the cost

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank 622krystar
Reviewed 14 September 2020

We were evacuated from our home last week due to the wildfires. This was the only hotel we could find. At the first dealings with the woman at the front desk we were met with what I can only describe as rude indifference. Never welcomed or even much less a acknowledgement of any kind We waited. I felt it a bit strange that she showed no care when I mentioned we had lost our home that night. I was still in shock and exhausted and just checked in. The room was so so. Not worth the cost and certainly not one I would chose for a leisure stay. The next day, returning to our room at 4:30, I noted that our room hadn’t been cleaned. I thought maybe this was because of covid. I called the front desk (same lady) and asked about housekeeping. She responded in a rude manner.. literally chastising me saying : “ we are busy! You are just going to have to be patient!” I was taken back at her snapping at me but explained that it was okay and that I only needed towels. Received towels later by a very kind lady who seemed like she was being overworked cleaning the whole hotel alone. At check out I handed in my keys and remembered I needed a receipt for insurance. She looked at me and told me I have to be patient... there it was again. I just let it go, but was offended by her talking to me like that. She gave me a receipt for one night.. I stayed 2. She said she can’t give me a receipt for the first night because I had booked on line. I asked her if she could find which agency I booked through as I did it shaking in a parking lot after finding my home was gone. She just gave me that indifferent look and said “no”. The indifference is what got me. At this point I admit I used a few choice words (not my finest moment, but a real one) and left. This lady needs retraining in customer service. I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstance unless you are homeless fleeing a fire.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank JoAnnaCh57
Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

we booked a queen suite room for 8-4. We arrived at 3 to check in before heading to the safari and as soon as we entered the room we we're struck with strong stench and odor of cigarette smoke. I immediately went back to the desk and informed the guy. He said i could light some insense. We opened the windows and left for the safari and when we came back could not bare it. I went to the front explaining my wifes sensitivity to the smoke and how we were not able to stay there. She checked me out letting me know i needed to email this email for a refind.
Room was under Daniel Eggleton room 111 queen sweet. Not as pictured and definitely not to any type of standard. The room was stained and felt dirty, with covid 19 happening we can't stay in a room like that. Howard j is exceptional in Portland and i figured it would be the same here. The blankets that were brought after we checked in were equally as disgusting. Definitely want a refund for this one. I will hold off on writing a review till i get a response.
Thanks

Nobody ever responded to my email .. i will update this review once someone reaches out

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 21 July 2020 via mobile

Bed was ok, AC and water worked but otherwise terrible experience. Walls damaged, bugs all over outside of building (including lots of nests), trash all over exterior (didn't get a picture), crappy kitchen, chintzy on towels even when asked for more for family of 5, no breakfast and no sofa bed like in the description. See pictures regarding kitchen. 4 utensils in drawer, broken coffee mugs, 2 plates, frosted over freezer, and moldy bread leftover in cabinet. I didn't expect it to be fully appointed but some paper towels, dish soap and new sponge (not nasty one) would have been nice. If you can't have decent dishes just have none.
Will never stay again and seriously consider not stsy6ing at HoJo in the future. (Im a Wyndham rewards member and owner)

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 24 April 2020

. When I arrived at this hotel I was not impressed with the front desk agent who was checking me in. When checking in I asked her if there was any restaurants in the area to eat. The response I got was “no there all closed due to covid” I said ok then asked for is there any gas stations near here she said “NO not in walking distance” I’m guessing she assumed I had no car which was not true I drove there. Then I asked her if there was a continental breakfast as mentioned by the reservation agent at the time of booking. So I said well your reservation said you were still offering something she said “NOPE” I really feel this front desk agent had no desire to offer any suggestions or help me in any way almost as if I was a burden to her. So I checked in anyways. I walked into the room #115 it was filthy. The hot tube was not clean. The mirrors had dirt all over it. When I lifted the mattress up from the pull out bed the sheets were not changed and there was tobacco all over the bed. When I looked at the mini fridge it was dirty and had a smell to it. In addition to that the microwave was not cleaned and had splatter all over it. Outside the room there were 3 big white trash bags which is unacceptable. I have stayed at many hotels and this one was the dirtiest room I had ever seen. So I walked up to the rude front desk lady and told her this room is not up to cleaning standards and I don’t want to stay here with my kids. She said ‘OK give me the keys back” She didn’t offer to have someone clean it or even change rooms. When I asked her if I was going to be charged for this room I’m not staying in she said “ I don’t know I don’t have that authority” I wasn’t asking her who would do it I asked if I was going to be charged. She then said” we have a strict cancelation policy and I don’t know what to tell you” I even asked if there was someone she could call to ask she said “nope” again she showed no interest to even suggest anything. I was very upset when I left your property. I have been in hospitality for over 20 years and have never been treated so rudely. I am studying hotel operations and lodging management as a major in school. I know what expectations and standards most hotels follow. It seems your hotel is failing at this. Your front desk agent should have offered some kind of fix to keep me and my kids wanting to stay at your hotel. This woman must not like her job or doesn’t care. The company should be aware of this that maybe she needs to be replaced or retrained with an emphasis on hospitality, because she has none. I went to the Holiday Inn Express and was treated the complete opposite I felt like royalty for $40 more dollars. I was treated like a guest and not a homeless or drug addict person trying to come off the street. I don’t know if they use comp sets to evaluate how local hotels are doing but if not maybe they should.
I was charged for a room that would not pass any inspection by a housekeeping supervisor if that even exist in their organization. I wish they would refund my money. Its not a whole lot for one night however it is the principle that a guest should not be charged if the room is not up to basic cleaning standard. This was such a horrible experience and I will never return to this hotel . If I get refunded for my reservation then that might possibly make things a little better. However the front desk agent pretty much said I’m not getting any money back for this since I already made the reservation. I can understand if it was because of location or lack of food options or something but at a time where Covid-19 is a serious danger and cleanliness is critical I chose to stay at a hotel that would treat me and my kids better and a super clean room.

Date of stay: March 2020