“Blaaaaa nasty”
Review of Big Al's Firehouse Grill - CLOSED

Big Al's Firehouse Grill
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Food was full of fat and the place was filthy. STAY AWAY! The owner was drunk and was cooking and can hear his dirty mouth were my kids were eatting. We were there in Aug of 2012 on are way to Portland and saw the place on the side of the road. Looked cute but once we ate the food blaaaaaa nasy grease stuff.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We were headed to Sunriver and I had heard raves about Big Al's so we took the short side trip to Powell Butte. It was a beautiful day and we almost went right on by before we saw the sign. Al is an amazingly friendly guy (you'd thought he'd was my friend since grade school!) but the food was what REALLY got me. Everything was absolutely fresh (the beefsteak tomatoe were from the fruit stand across the parking lot and were picked that morning!). I had bbq'd pulled pork on a cheese burger with fries made from Yukon Gold potatoes. The sandwich was massive and absolutely delicious! We enjoyed our lunch so much that we ordered up a pound of that perfectly spiced pulled pork to take with us for dinner! (along with some fresh corn, onions, zucchini and tomatoes from across the parking lot). To say the least, Big Al's is on our "return to" list.

1  Thank Charles T
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I had received a $20 gift certificate from Big Al's through Living Social, so my husband and I decided to take a Saturday drive out to Powell Butte and check them out. Sooo glad we did! It was a beautiful summer day and when we arrived just before noon, it wasn't too crowded. The choices were endless, but I chose the Gyro and sweet potato fries. My husband has the cheese burger and fries. Both were fantastic! The owners were very friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and the visit. There were so many things on the menu, I look forward to returning and trying something new. Great Job!

1  Thank Paula F
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We arrived minutes too late for anything out of the oven.....we did score a set of baby backs to reheat. Wow, I can only imagine how good they would be fresh BECUASE reheated they were fantastic. Perfect mix of smoke and spice, tender but not overdone...too many places think fall off the bone means perfect cooking but any BBQ expert worth their salt will talk about the bend factor and these guys nail that aspect too.

Worth diverting for.

1  Thank Aroundth
Reviewed 15 June 2012

DO NOT JUDGE THIS BOOK BY IT"S COVER!!!
I have only been to Big Al's once, but it was a fantastic experience! I will be going back. The food was astoundingly fabulous (no joke)! I had a brisket sandwich that melted in my mouth. This was the best brisket I've ever had - and, Yes, I've had brisket from Texas. The guys behind the grill as hilarious. They are true Americans, God fearing - flag saluting, meat grilling men. They pay tribute to firemen everywhere and have a real public service background. Absolutely going back.
Do not let the fact that this place is half way between Redmond and Prinville - in Powell Butte get in your way of your next meal. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank nailstrails