“To top off a nice Summer drive”
Review of Big Al's Firehouse Grill - CLOSED

Big Al's Firehouse Grill
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I had received a $20 gift certificate from Big Al's through Living Social, so my husband and I decided to take a Saturday drive out to Powell Butte and check them out. Sooo glad we did! It was a beautiful summer day and when we arrived just before noon, it wasn't too crowded. The choices were endless, but I chose the Gyro and sweet potato fries. My husband has the cheese burger and fries. Both were fantastic! The owners were very friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and the visit. There were so many things on the menu, I look forward to returning and trying something new. Great Job!

1  Thank Paula F

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We arrived minutes too late for anything out of the oven.....we did score a set of baby backs to reheat. Wow, I can only imagine how good they would be fresh BECUASE reheated they were fantastic. Perfect mix of smoke and spice, tender but not overdone...too many places think fall off the bone means perfect cooking but any BBQ expert worth their salt will talk about the bend factor and these guys nail that aspect too.

Worth diverting for.

1  Thank Aroundth
Reviewed 15 June 2012

DO NOT JUDGE THIS BOOK BY IT"S COVER!!!
I have only been to Big Al's once, but it was a fantastic experience! I will be going back. The food was astoundingly fabulous (no joke)! I had a brisket sandwich that melted in my mouth. This was the best brisket I've ever had - and, Yes, I've had brisket from Texas. The guys behind the grill as hilarious. They are true Americans, God fearing - flag saluting, meat grilling men. They pay tribute to firemen everywhere and have a real public service background. Absolutely going back.
Do not let the fact that this place is half way between Redmond and Prinville - in Powell Butte get in your way of your next meal. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank nailstrails
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Wow, out in the middle of nowhere is the best bbq in Central Oregon. Big Al has put Powell Butte on the map. Friendly family atmosphere, great food and service. There were 9 of us and the food was served quickly. Loved the sweet potato fries.

1  Thank dritter461
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I sought out Big Al's while visiting Bend as I know the owners, Al and Chad Edwards, and wanted to experience their food. Four of us made the half hour drive to Powell Butte. Big Al's is a road side stand with a couple of picnic tables out front and huge line of hot sauces on the custom built red bar (as in belly up to the bar). We had the Gyro, Barn Burner Burger, Smoked Brisket Sandwich, fries w/ secret sauce and the onion rings. Everything was delicious and I was so glad we made the trip. Check out Big Al's, you'll be glad you did.

1  Thank Kissthesky