All reviews room was clean the free airport shuttle yogurt max station room key pdx airport channels dryer downtown
Reviewed 20 October 2018

I had a very early morning flight out of PDX so stayed here the night before. It me my needs OK.
Debra, at the front desk, was very helpful. I arrived before regular check-in time but she found me a room which was ready and it was actually an upgrade to a deluxe king at no extra charge.
The hotel is showing its age with very worn carpets and scuffed wood on the furniture but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was also a FAN in the bathroom which is getting rarer and rarer. As usual in older hotels, the lighting was very minimal.
There is no restaurant or breakfast buffet here but for the price I feel it was a good value for an overnight stay very close to the airport, and with a shuttle.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Its a Renivated Motel that is basic. Shower wasnt the cleanest but did just fine for a few night. Its all about the location here. Free Airport Shuttle came quickly on redeye flight. Location close the the trimet or "the max" was fantastic. $5 all day on train buses and street cars. Didnt feel unsafe walkimg back at night. Im from Chicago so my tolerance may be a bit lax then most. Front Desk staff was nice. If you want to check out portland and your on a budget and your tolerant of basic accommodations. This place works just fine for the price. Also elmers is walkable for a decent breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank musicofcourse
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We needed a quick stop in Portland on our way to the coast. Choose rodeway for the price. It was very basic and clean. No frills and price was right. There is a couple of restaurants and shopping close by.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank LibLakeLady
Reviewed 15 June 2018

The big plus for this place is that it's right next to the light rail system - super easy to get to downtown, Powell's, zoo, OMSI, or out to the airport.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, no complaints with them.

The actual rooms though - ugh. For $85 a night (2 adults) I at least expected a coffee maker in the room, Nope. No fridge, no microwave either. We booked 2 queens - there is no way those beds were queens. Lousy sleep while we were there.

TV reception was bad as well - lots of stops, freezing up, etc. no matter what channel I tried watching. Wifi was adequate for my needs (no streaming attempted).

We were there for 5 nights total, it took until day 3 - and me going to the front desk to get tp - to get any service in our room.

The airport shuttle is convenient, but it's almost as convenient to just take the MAX line there.

This motel is part of a larger motel complex that includes a Quality Inn (for $40 more a night). There are separate breakfast areas - Quality Inn folks get hot breakfast, etc. Rodeway Inn folks get choice of banana, apple, yogurt or 2 kinds of cereals. Coffee in the lobby all day.

Rumour is that the entire complex will be converting to Quality Inn at some point. Next time we'll probably try the Econo Lodge across the street - same price as this Rodeway and directly across from the transit center.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank playingwithfiber
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The fact that the hotel/motel was closer to the Trimet (metro) and to the airport is definitely a bonus point. Also the fact the prices are reasonable compared to most hotels in Portland is another perk. The staff here are very friendly and polite. Overall rooms were clean but I felt that the carpet were little old and outdated. Bathrooms defiantly needs an upgrade the shower heads are not properly cleaned because they had algae around the shower. Bathroom floors had spotting on which made me gross out. The Wifi kept dropping and the TV connection would also constantly kept dropping while playing. The room curtains were super dusty and hasn't been cleaned in ages. But if you are looking for a place just to spend the night and closer to the airport then this place could be good place for you.

Room tip: Maybe go with Quality In instead of Rodeway Inn
Date of stay: March 2018