1,853 results
All reviews willamette river degrees restaurant river place rocking chairs athletic club a river view room the river walk wine hour complimentary wine valet staff beautiful room close to downtown wonderful hotel valet parking the entire staff happy hour full kitchen
Reviewed 17 February 2016

A last minute "getaway" lead me to a night at RiverPlace Hotel. I am thankful I stayed here. Kimpton hotels are always nice (from my experience). The staff was friendly and the entire facility was clean and smelt nice. As a Kimpton, this place can be expensive. I suggest checking last minute rates if possible. The restaurant/bar on the main floor is a great place to start the night or end with a "nightcap". Room 324 is a wonderful, corner with a king. The only negative was I could here people walking upstairs and the room would shake. Very odd. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, and I hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank LazyProjektor
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Good call on the last minute getaway. I love traveling on a whim and when you can score a hotel like the RiverPlace to rest your head its a win-win! Sorry about the room noise and the shaking, this is odd and the first I have heard of it. We will be sure to check it out. Thanks for the great comments.

Till next time,

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Our stay at the RiverPlace was beyond my expectations. I ordered a lovely welcome amenity and it was ready upon arrival and arranged beautifully. I travel with my cat so comfort for me and her is extremely important. I was pleasantly surprised to find a welcome for my cat. A new litter pan, food and water bowls and a cute little pink catnip mouse was waiting for her. While this may seem like a simple thing it was a huge deal to me to as no one else has done this before. What it told me is that the staff took time to read my profile in detail (which is important to anyone) and knew I was bringing my cat and not a dog then arranged something to fit my exact needs for a three night stay. My room was spotlessly clean, had clean air, and had a view overlooking the marina with excellent sunlight in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings looked brand new. The tidiness of the hotel is being thoroughly maintained. I must say that everyone was welcoming and polite. The valet was attentive to our bags and car, front desk was efficient and friendly upon arrival and departure, and the restaurant staff is very friendly and accommodating. The chef surprised me by making an excellent breakfast burrito one morning. The location is wonderful and allows for plenty of shopping and walking downtown and the hotel feels safe. I had no problems during our stay and plan on returning in the future.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

This review made me smile from ear to ear. It amazes me when I travel outside of Kimpton hotels that the little extra touches that seem so easy to execute are so often missed. I appreciate you taking notice to this. We are in great hopes for a return visit from you and your cat in the very near future.

See you soon,

Reviewed 17 February 2016

I stayed with a co-worker for a business conference that was held at the Marriott, which was just a short walk away. Our stay was wonderful! Rooms were clean, staff was very kind and accommodating. The view was incredible!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2016

What an excellent place to stay. You are still in downtown, but along the peaceful riverfront. The rooms are beautiful. The amenities are fun and different, like the bedtime butler that arrives in the evening with treats. They have a complimentary wine hour with free wine, hot chocolate, and cookies. The onsite restaurant is killer and their happy hour is kid-friendly.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2016

This was our second stay at RiverPlace. We expected it to be wonderful and it was. From the moment we were greeted by the valet, to the warm, welcoming and informative clerk at check-in, I always feel like I've walked into a lush, luxurious place. The appointments in our room were a bit funky, (no surprise, it is Portland) but it still provided a warm and relaxing environment. We were upgraded to an executive suite. It was very roomy, had more than one dimmer on the lights which was perfect for Valentines, the occasion that brought us to Portland. The restaurant is top notch gourmet served casually, yet its more than that. It's the place to take it up a notch dress wise and no one will fault you for it. The food, the atmosphere is that nice. Yet, it is not pretentious, ever. I can't wait to return to RiverPlace. If you come to Portland, stay here. It's truly lovely..

Room Tip: This hotel is part of the Kimpton chain of hotels. Become a member before you make your reservation. It gets you perks.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Sounds like we nailed it! Who wants pretentious but who wants too casual? There is a fine line there that we walk and I'm happy to hear we are providing a type of atmosphere that allows for comfort and care with skipping out on the snooty. Thanks for spending your valentines day with us Chris and thanks for dining at 3 Degrees.

Safe Travels,