“Save your money for this delightful foodery! You HAVE to go”
Review of Lechon

Lechon
Reserve with OpenTable
Lechon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 4,868 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Im not made of money but Ive eaten around all the country for 45 years. It was a major hobby before we had kids. Portland is probably the to city in the states now for quality and diversity. I would be afraid to open anything else here in town---its been done, being done and its great. Lechon really has no rivals with what it does.

Back to the money---its a mixture of very good pricing and somewhat on the high side but Oh My God I could put a hammock in there and eat every day for the rest of my life. Their get together special nights are a GREAT value with everything included for a flat fee. . Im looking for a second job just so I can eat there daily!!! MMMMM the octopus, mushrooms etc. The meats must be from heavenly farms sent down here to make us want the afterlife! About the 'value' meter on this site. If we consider you can get a whole baked chicken at Costco for 5 bucks then Lechons food for the money 'value' is low, haha. If you want quality then its value is very high. I gave it a value rating of 5 though Im sure the site means this to be a food amount vs dollar rating

Compliments to the Chef. I highly recommend Lechon. (No---I do not know any of the owners or workers, lol) This review got me worked up I have to go there---darn its now closed!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 5 October 2018

A group of 10 of us were at a Conference in downtown Portland. One of our group was celebrating her 40th Birthday and she wanted to eat here at Lechon. Even as small as the restaurant is, they were able to put something together for us in the back. Our waitress was AH-MAZING and was fun to be around. Basically, our group ordered 10-15 different appetizers and we just passed it around so everyone who wanted to try it could. I've never tried some of the items that I tried that night. The Empanadas, Ceviches, and various tapas were all delicious. I tried everything and it was delicious. But the one thing I've never eaten before was the grilled octopus and it really wasn't that bad. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our tour of South America. Thanks...we soooo enjoyed the tour.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I just had an engaging evening participating in 'Sunday supper' at LeChon. It was very enjoyable. The service was nice and easy. And the wait staff very polite. We had 7 in our party and we shared a table with 5 others. It is a fixed menu and all fees and gratuity are paid in admission. Which is very nice. (Very reasonably priced) Not at all like what they do for specialty dinners at Ruth Chris (skip those) The menu was tasty. (India was the focus) If I had to be nitpicky, my only complaint was how loud it was in the restaurant. We couldn't hear the wait person.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I rarely get to Portland city center for lunch but I was at a professional conference here and the food was just great -- had the steak sandwich and the vegetarian sandwich -- as was the service. We will come her for dinner ASAP but I'm already sold. the only problem is that the streets around here are currently torn up, so be prepared.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Wow. Great food and service at a very fair price

I'd call this a mix of Peruvian and argentine cuisine but who cares... It is really freakin yummy

Small outside patio is dog friendly

A must visit regardless of whether you are a local or tourist

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Lechon? Share your experiences!