“Definately older, but surprisingly okay.”

Studio 6 Portland OR
Ranked #127 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Rosburg, Washington
“Definately older, but surprisingly okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

Part of me was skeptical with the looks of the place, but overall we had a good experience with it. I had just spent the last 5 days camping in the rain with 3 children (ages 10 months to 11 years) and was happy to have a place indoors.

The tattooed girl at the front desk was very nice and very helpful with my varied requests which included: more towels (room only had one bath towel), plastic spoons/forks, change for laundry, directions.

For $59 we got a two room suite (#118) with kitchenette. Each room had a queen bed. The carpets were clean enough to let the baby crawl for a short time. The older kids had their own room and slept very well. They thought it was a neat place. The beds were very firm and supportive, but not fluffy. We all slept fine. Plenty of room to store luggage (one room had a large closet). The bedding seemed clean. The door to the inner bedroom within the suite didn't shut completely but since we're all family sharing the suite, it didn't matter.

The bathroom (tub & toilet) was small but funtional. A non-skid vinyl bathmat had been glued down to the bottom of the tub which looked a bit weird, but there were no rogue hairs from previous occupants (I always check), so it seemed okay. The tub faucet and showerhead were old but still functional. The towels were very rough. There was one washcloth that was stained with makeup from a preivous user, but the rest were bright white.

The morning staff was also very helpful and nice. Breakfast was toast, waffles, and two types of cereal. They were waiting for their orange juice delivery which was late, and had run out, but there was milk and coffee.

The guest laundry consists of two washers and two dryers. I spent between $3.75 - 4.75 for one load of laundry including purchasing the detergent and softener from their dispenser.

Recommendation: don't strap luggage to the top of your SUV or van if you are staying there or you won't fit in the garage. Cars are okay. Also, there is no elevator.

Overall, it is a great value. We had plenty of space and it was clean. The amenities were what we needed: 5 - 10 minutes easy access to the airport, laundry, breakfast, clean spacious rooms, kitchenette, free parking, etc. The place has it's wear and tear, but is functional. I've stayed in much worse places that cost a lot more. If you are used to "nice" places, B&B, etc. that try to make you feel "special" you probably won't like it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank faerystrange
, General Manager at Studio 6 Portland OR, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your taking the time to give them to us. We try hard to provide you with the best possible accommodations for the most reasonable rates. We are happy that you found our Inn to be comfortable and fitting for your needs. We appreciate your business and hope you will return when you are next in need of lodging in Portland.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
East Bay, Ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

I needed to be close to the airport since my flight was departed quite early. You seriously cannot beat the price. The cons: the furniture has holes in them, the room decor is outdated and lastly the house-keeping is not up to par. Again if you a need quick lay-over to lay your head and need to be close to the airport and you don't want to pay alot- this is your best bit. But if not seriously go some place else.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your comments. We have been working hard to update our Inn and will continue to work to make our hotel a clean, comfortable lodging experience and the most reasonable rate. We are sorry that you found we were not up to par and we are constantly training our staff to provide the most professional and comfortable service and product. We hope that you will come back and give us another try.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

This was the worst hotel ever! I will never return and would never recommend it to anyone. Here's why. We were so excited when the hotel offered us a 1 bedroom suite, however, to our disappointment he main bedroom had no heater. We stayed in June but it was very cold outside and inside. So since there was only a heater in the livingroom, my husband, toddler and I had no choice but to all sleep in the livingroom together. So we didnt even use the other bedroom.

Since there was a queen size bed in the lvrm and could not accomodate all 3 of us, I had to keep my toddler in my bed while my husband slept on the floor because the sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable.

I could not even let my daughter sleep on the sofa bed because it had huge gaps on the sides of the sofa bed which could have been dangerous for her had she rolled over to the side.

We found beer caps under the bed. Tissue was completely empty. They only had 1 towel in the bathroom. Only one key card worked. The internet wi-fi was dead slow and hardly any channels on the TV.

So the next morning, we were expecting a nice continental breakfast as promised. There was only juice and coffee and 1 waffle left at 7:55am. I decided to complain and the front desk clerk said that its best to arrive at 6am for breakfast and that they do not have fruit at this time since they ran out. I complained about the heater and I was told that I was not the only one but the owners are thinking about fixing the situation since so many have complained. She says that the towel and tissue situation could have been fixed if we wouldve requested these items from their hotel service. I complained about the beer caps under the bed and she agreed that was not safe since there is a toddler with us. All in All the service was bad! I will be complaining to hotels.com since we booked our hotel thru them.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
, General Manager at Studio 6 Portland OR, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate your comments. We have been working hard to update our hotel rooms and will continue to work hard to make our hotel a clean, comfortable lodging experience and at the most reasonable rate. We are sorry that you found our hotel very uncomfortable we are constantly training our staff to provide the most professional, comfortable, and clean service as possible.
We hope that you will come back and give us another try and see the updates we have been making through out the year.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

Filthy towels and blankets and by the third day housekeeping had stollen from me so my dog stayed in
the room. So if you do not travel with an attack dog
you may want to lock your valueables in your car!
I could go on but right now it's 9:15 and after three
paid weeks and credit card on file to continue payment,
we are being forced to leave by threat of police escort by
noon. They overbooked and for two days these two or three guys have been on the couch in lobby, slamming cans of schwag beer. They were the overbooked and I guess instead of getting them in a room some where with
room, they did not ask if we were staying, after three weeks of them knowing we needed to stay until we found
a house. Anyway two days of bull and one day missed
work so we can move later and at least we will have
clean towels and hopefully a more honest and helpful staff once we check out: NEVER TO RETURN TO ANY
BEST VALUE INN OF FILTH AND THEFT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Osorepublic
Tucson, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

I was so excited to stay in this place because when we first arrived, I liked the parking garage all tucked away beneath the rooms, and the wooden siding of the '70s-style building. (Hey, we all like different things. I like '70s architecture.) There were friendly people in the hallways who held open doors for us as we brought up our luggage. The rate was great, especially for having a bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchenette and a separate living room/TV room.

I smelled a moldy smell in the lving room dresser as I was unpacking clothing and just sort of resolved not to use that particular drawer with its bottom sagging from water damage. No big deal.

But then my husband pointed out the living room couch to me. Wow. It looked like they hadn't cleaned it or reupholstered it for maybe 20 years. It was full of holes and stains and I imagined scabies crawling all over anyone who sat on it. It looked really dangerous. I'm not saying it was, but it looked very dirty.

I thought, well, OK, so we won't sit on the couch.

But then, while I was continuing to unpack (ever the optimist), I hear the sound of water running in the bathroom above ours. OK, noisy pipes in an old building. Don't be a princess. Deal with it.

But then I heard water cascading into our bathtub. (!) I ran into the bathroom to see a good-sized clot of nickel-sized holes in a sagging, re-re-plastered, stained corner of our bathroom ceiling. Water from the bathroom upstairs (their toilet? their tub?) was cascading down into our tub.

Alright, if the building is structurally unsound, maybe we shouldn't stay more than one night. We'd been driving all day and so stayed the night, fitfully sleeping in what felt like a not very clean bed and got outta there in the morning.

Oh, and there was only a very flimsy door with one very skimpy lock on it. Other locks had been torn asunder/broken apart.

I mentioned the ceiling leak to the woman at the front desk the next morning. She seemed nonchalant and not particularly apologetic. Hmmph.

We left.