“Das ist Gut”

Stammtisch
Ranked #156 of 4,676 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Having been to the bar Prost many times, we decided to try out Stammtisch, their sister location. While Prost focuses more on German beer with a few delightful German food snacks such as sausages and pretzels, Stammtisch focuses more on German meals. The ambiance here is cozy and homey, and very open as is what I understand the German style. The beer was delightful as we have come to expect from Prost and I very much enjoy that the different beer are served in their respective appropriate glassware. I am a huge fan of schnitzel so of course I had the Jagershnitzel, and I found it to be quite good. I'm certain I will return back here, you can't go wrong with either the beer or the food.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

This is a real gem of a space. Great selection of German beers on tap and by bottle. Good comfort food. Don't eat here if your calorie watching. Nice sidewalk seating. Super nice servers and really good value. The chicken and trout are simply amazing, perfectly prepared and cooked. Be warned, the chicken dish takes about 30 minutes from time of order. Enjoy...Prost.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I love great German beer, and frequent the Prost! pubs in Seattle regularly, so wanted to visit one of their pubs in Portland. I chose Stammtisch because they had a more expansive beer and food selection than the Portland Prost! The beer selection is what really struck me - world class lagers such as Andechs Hell and Fruh Kölsch, and they did not disappoint.

The surprise was the food. Most of the Prost! pubs in Seattle have simpler menus (though Feierabend has a larger kitchen and more variety) - the waitstaff does a fine job preparing the food, but the selection is limited. Stammtisch has a more adventurous menu - I had the Backhendl mit Bratkartoffel (paprika-spiced roast chicken with fried potatoes and roasted vegetables) and it was amazing.

The service at the Prost! pubs is usually very good, and the service at Stammtisch was no exception. Max was a great, attentive bartender, and was happy to answer any questions I had.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We met friends here for lunch, and ended up eating, drinking and talking for a couple of hours. It was all delightful! The server didn't mind that we kept ordering small amounts of food so we could linger and enjoy them, and was cheery the whole time. Our friends have spent quite a bit of time in Germany, and they were really happy with the selection of beers and with the food. We had delicious sausages and pretzels and they ordered a variety tray that looked wonderful. So - if you're hankering for Germany, this is a great local place in Portland to satisfy your craving!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Went in thinking it would be fun.Had not had German food in a while. My boyfriend and i were on a date night. We asked that the courses come out one at at time to give us time. The German pancakes came out immediately and before we could finish them the pasta and meat course came out at the same time. I told the waitress, Jordan, we asked to have a least several minutes between courses.which she agreed to. When I asked what happened after we had already discussed this, she said most people want all the food at once. I told her that is not what we discussed. She offered to take the food back and warm it but it was already cooked and pasta rewarmed did not sound optimal nor did reheating the vegetables on the meat course. She could have cared less about the service and did not come back to the table to check on anything. Another waitress saw we were not being attended to and came over. There was no apology. She simply did not care. I did not eat dinner. My boyfriend took some of the food home but left most of it as the evening was ruined. the other waitress brought a $25 gift card to the table but I told her i had no intention of ever coming back. We had drinks and ordered three things off the menu. One was the most expensive item. We had planned to stay and enjoy a meal but it was cut very short and we left with our drinks still mostly full and nothing really touched on the pork course. Truly one of the worse dining experiences I have every had in Portland.