All reviews pearl district full kitchen fire pit train tracks union station street parking valet parking within walking distance construction noise two bedroom suite yogurt complimentary breakfast is small kitchen marriott properties whole foods walk in shower laundry room
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Marriott Platinum. Needed a one night stay in town before heading off to Europe. It's a newer hotel in the Pearl District. It's a clean hotel in a good area with a professional staff. The breakfast was good and check in/check out was easy. Nothing really to elaborate on other than that I would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bill B
Stephenie C, Manager at Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Pearl District, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District, and thank you so much for being a value Platinum Elite member with Marriott. I am happy to hear that the hotel was clean and our staff were professional. I am glad to hear we were able to provide a memorable stay before you left the states for Europe! I hope you had a fun time and we will get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We watched this hotel being built on previous trips to Portland, and were interested to try it. The rooms are nicely done, with full kitchen (less oven) and dishes. The bath and shower are nicely done. This could easily be a residence for someone for a month or so. The management sent us warnings about the construction next door, but it was very quiet. We were on the courtyard, but I would suspect the place is well-insulated, or proximity to the train station would be more of a problem than the temporary construction. Breakfast buffet was the usual affair. I left some shirts in a drawer in the room when we checked out, and they had them nicely packaged for me when I came by to check on Thanksgiving morning! We will stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! It is so fun to hear you were able to see the hotel in the midst of it being built into the beautiful building it is now! I am happy to hear that the nearby construction didn't effect your stay with us, and that you had a quiet stay. I hope we can see you again during your next visit to Portland!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

From the moment we checked in with Heidi to breakfast with Chelsea, and drinks with Sean and Scott the stay was flawless. Welcomed with a smile and genuine care by everyone.

It is definitely a place to go vs through and we can’t wait to return.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! I am so happy to hear that Heidi, Chelsea, Sean, and Scott provided a warm and memorable stay with us. We will all look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Portland!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Very nice appointed rooms and location , in the center of the Pearl District, walking distance to all the restaurants , the tram line runs in front of the hotel. Very convenient to get anywhere from there. If you have a car, parking will set you back $40 usd a night - very pricey . Options include Street parking and that is not cheap either , but nights are free until 8AM i believe. Breakfast was great as well at the hotel , but great options walking distance

Room tip: There is construction on one side, stay away from there
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! I am happy to hear the hotel was in a convenient location for you, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can see you again if your travels bring you back to Portland!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

this property seems extremely new. Very modern styling with nice touches like lights at your room door. Only draw back was the parking fee but there is a public parking lot right across the street that is a lot cheaper. Very nice breakfast. A little bit of a walk to Pearl district but not that far. Would definitely stay here again. Friendly staff.

Room tip: top floor if you don't like people walking overhead.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn Portland Downtown Pearl District! I am happy to hear the staff were friendly and you enjoyed our breakfast! We opened in 2014 so we are fairly new, I am happy to hear we still have that exciting new look so thank you for the compliments! We will look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Portland!