“A very very good strip mall Chinese eatery, Yum!”
Review of China Wok

China Wok
Ranked #971 of 4,676 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We needed a little bite, and the hotel recommended the Chinese food at this "typical" strip mall restaurant. My wife was not happy, but I like even average Chinese food. Well, we were both blown away by the food! This was perhaps the best Chinese food we have ever had! Absolutely amazing bean and chicken (green beans with black bean sauce), the hot and sour soup was delish! You could go to 100 Chinese eateries that look just like this one and never get food this good!!! Looks can be deceiving :-)

Reviewed 16 July 2017

As we were staying at the Comfort Suites next door we popped in here for dinner one night. The place is quite basic but clean and service was both fast and courteous. We has pork with bean sprouts and chicken in hot garlic sauce. Both meals were very tasty. We made the mistake of ordering a portion of rice but the size of the meals meant we needn't have. Price was ok for this type of establishment. Whilst this was not the best chinese i have had it proved a very welcome meal after a long day on the road.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stopped in to have a drink and play a few games of Video Poker. And to see what the place looked like as far as eating goes.

China Wok looks very nice inside. a small Chinese Restaurant with nicely arranged tables with peaceful cloth covers on the tables. The Video poker area is in back . Perhaps 5 or 6 video poker machines.

I orderedd a bottle of BUd and was surprised by the dark blue bottle. I had never seen one like this before. The video poker machine could car less. It gobbled up my spare ones with gusto. So I picked up a menu and read through it to get a better idea of the food they serve here.

Looks like a place worth eating at ometime in the future. Yeah, I plan to freturn when I have a hunger for food instead of video Poker. My money wood be better used feeding me instead of a machine.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Absolutely the best Oriental food in all of Portland. I've been delighting in the food here for 22 years, and have yet to get a single mouthful that didn't make my mouth happy. They know my favorites, and will often make dishes that are not on the menu for me. If there is something you'd like especially, just ask. There is a wide variety of dishes on the menu, representing nearly every Province of China, and Hong Kong, all of which are prepared to perfection. The chicken dishes have real pieces of chicken, mostly white meat, not like the chopped up portions of nearly any part of the chicken like other restaurants I've tried. Their shrimp is always fresh and perfectly cooked, never with a fishy, spoiled taste. The beef is the most tender and flavorful I've ever had.
It's near the Airport, just off of Airport Way which makes it handy for Airport hotels, Cascade Station, and the Industrial Parks nearby. Their repeat business is so prevalent you might find Lilly (the owner) and the other folks who work there giving a hug to their customers who have become friends through the years.
I would have posted pictures (from my last visit yesterday) of the delicious food, but I was so anxious to get it into my mouth, I forgot to take any. If you are expecting Chung King type food you may be disappointed because this food is so far beyond that realm. Instead everything is prepared fresh right there in the wonderfully family oriented kitchen.
Don't miss this gem, especially if you have a sophisticated pallet.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Food is okay, standard fare, but what made our dinner pleasant was the cleanliness & attentive server, she was so polite, so quick to deliver a nice hot dinner. Prices seemed a bit expensive for the quality of food, but still we were satisfied with everything overall. We will eat there again next trip through PDX