“Solid "4" but no more”

Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Good stuff, though not great during my visit. Split a pastrami and “grown up Mac & cheese” (which has Neuske bacon and bread crumbs then run under the broiler). The pastrami tasted more like the sauce and sour kraut than pastrami). It was toasted just right and the cheese did not overpower. Mac & cheese was delicious. A good balance of flavors here and the broiler helped add a crunchy texture.

Service a bit slow, so be ready to wait a bit for your food. Not bad overall. A solid "4" but no more. Based on my experience, and with all the fantastic food in Portland, I'm not sure how this restaurant is #22 out of more than 3,600 in Portland.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Elephants has been around a long time and Portlanders know they can get good food here. Many do brunch or lunch or best- grab food to take home or wonderfully- to picnic! It's so close to Washinton park that grabbing picnic food and heading up there to our beautiful city park is a beautiful experience.
What I have gotten is everything from the wild mushroom soup (SO GOOD) to sandwiches, salads and a couple of Thanksgivings my family has ordered the full meal here so we didn't have to cook. It's got a lot to offer. You can eat in or outside or to go. I recently hosted an office party for my workers and we had a wonderful time. Plus- I love the gifts they have for sale. I can't count how many times I needed a hostess or birthday gift and I found something at Elephants.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

My out-of-town friend and I went to lunch here last week. I had their only soup that was not cream based, and found it to be quite flavorful. Also had a piece of the focaccia bread which was also quite good. Friend had servings of two of the salads, and said they were both good. What amazed me was how like a bee hive it was with people at all of the various areas getting food then scurrying over to pay for it before finding a spot to eat! We sat at the dessert "bar" area where we watched ice cream milk shakes being made. It was a fun lunch!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Was here to have a quick lunch and was impressed by the variety of menu items and extras like big gummy bears! And cold drinks in their fridge! I had the black bean burger and it was very very good! Plus requested no bread no fries and they accommodated me splendidly! Totally recommendable:)

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Popped in here to get a water for our day trip and found so much more. We wound up getting a picnic for 2 to go by buying lovely sandwiches, unique side items and a variety of drinks, sweets and munchies. I can't tell you the delight in shopping a QUALITY deli shop like this brought me.