“This is where Portlanders go”

Elephants Delicatessen
Ranked #33 of 4,815 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Elephants has been around a long time and Portlanders know they can get good food here. Many do brunch or lunch or best- grab food to take home or wonderfully- to picnic! It's so close to Washinton park that grabbing picnic food and heading up there to our beautiful city park is a beautiful experience.
What I have gotten is everything from the wild mushroom soup (SO GOOD) to sandwiches, salads and a couple of Thanksgivings my family has ordered the full meal here so we didn't have to cook. It's got a lot to offer. You can eat in or outside or to go. I recently hosted an office party for my workers and we had a wonderful time. Plus- I love the gifts they have for sale. I can't count how many times I needed a hostess or birthday gift and I found something at Elephants.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

My out-of-town friend and I went to lunch here last week. I had their only soup that was not cream based, and found it to be quite flavorful. Also had a piece of the focaccia bread which was also quite good. Friend had servings of two of the salads, and said they were both good. What amazed me was how like a bee hive it was with people at all of the various areas getting food then scurrying over to pay for it before finding a spot to eat! We sat at the dessert "bar" area where we watched ice cream milk shakes being made. It was a fun lunch!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Was here to have a quick lunch and was impressed by the variety of menu items and extras like big gummy bears! And cold drinks in their fridge! I had the black bean burger and it was very very good! Plus requested no bread no fries and they accommodated me splendidly! Totally recommendable:)

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Popped in here to get a water for our day trip and found so much more. We wound up getting a picnic for 2 to go by buying lovely sandwiches, unique side items and a variety of drinks, sweets and munchies. I can't tell you the delight in shopping a QUALITY deli shop like this brought me.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Elephants Deli is a very busy place that is a deli/restaurant/grocery store all in one. First time visit can be a little oerwhelming but once you figure it out then you realize what an amazing place this is. They have everything from baked goods to high quality deli meats & cheeses to prepared foods. The fish & chips were the best we tried in Portland. The charcuterie was great. The burgers are fresh with a choice of toppings.