“Sushi near Powell's - nice atmosphere, a little wait on Sunday evening but overall enjoyed it!”
Review of Bamboo Sushi

Bamboo Sushi
Ranked #82 of 4,812 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Daughter and I visited Portland for the first time and got our sushi fix at Bamboo Sushi.
We had a 20 min wait for two on a Sunday evening after a long day. Checked out Powell's bookstore nearby and were seated within about 20 min. Edamame app gratis is a nice touch. We had sushi (two of the signature rolls), and three types of nigiri. Highly recommend the local salmon (Alaska) and Oregon tuna nigiri. Was underwhelmed with the rolls.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

My friend and I were staying in a hotel around the corner from Bamboo Sushi, so it was very handy location. We booked, and I am so glad we did as by 6:30 pm on a Thursday night is was full. I had the chef's sashimi and a flight of sake. I can't even remember what my friend had to eat, as I was so in awe of my bowl of rice with a variety of sashimi on top and the flight of sake!!! Yum yum yum :)

Reviewed 20 August 2017

My friend took me here for dinner when I went for a visit. I am a real Sushi lover and this place did not disappoint. We had their special roll for the night. We had isuzukuri which was yummy. Also the Friday the 13th and the Sunset. Ora King Salmon with orange and olive oil do not miss this was my favorite! This is a great place do not miss.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Bamboo sushi is good. Maybe some dishes were very good but overall it was good. What was a bummer was how we were treated when we arrived 6 min late for a 5:30 reservation. Happy hour went until 6:00. Because we were late we were not seated right away. Totally get it. We were late. We were told we could order a drink but not from the happy hour menu because we were not seated at a table. So we could drink a regular price drink but not a happy hour drink? We were also told we could not go to the bar to get a drink on the happy hour. We were then seated at 6:01 when the happy hour ended. Look I don't even care about the $$. It was that we were treated like we committed some sort of horrible act and were being punished by not having access to a happy hour menu. Cummon Bamboo Sushi, you are better than that!!! Our waitress did bend the rules and allowed us to order off the menu. She didn't bring what we ordered but it was the thought that counted.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We started with a wonderful Japanese Sapporo draft beer. We then split the evenings special roll that was cool, light, sweet and tasty. We then split the shishito peppers that were chargrilled with miso butter and bacon and topped with bonito flakes and super good. We finished with tuna and salmon sashimi that was fresh and subtle. Will return.