“Unexpected Stopover, Great Lunch”

Portland City Grill
Ranked #58 of 4,676 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burnside
Transit: Public transportation is available via Max Transit system and Tri-Met.
Reviewed 10 December 2017

After a major delay coming from Seattle to LV and rerouted we had all day in Portland to waste time. Took the advice of a waiter in the airport and went to the City Grill.

If you are looking for a Portland experience this is it! The best view of the city (we had sunshine), great service, lovely restaurant and local produce. I would highly recommend for any tourist looking to get a Portland experience.

After never thinking of ever going to Portland, we had an unexpected stop and took the most of it. Who knew Oregon has an incredible wine and restaurant scene?
Go for the local wine and steak.

I am not sure when i will if ever to Portland but if I do, I'll come back for sure

Write a ReviewReviews (2,155)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We went to the Portland City Grill for a night cap after celebrating our friend's birthday at a restaurant downtown. Our friend's daughter recommended the place specifically for the amazing views of the city at night - and she was not wrong. We arrived and after stepping into the elevator, were whisked to the 30th floor in mere seconds. We stepped off the elevator and walked into the rather dark bar in search of a table. As our eyes adjusted to the limited light, I could see why...the views of Portland at night were breathtaking.
As this was a Tuesday night after 9pm, the bar wasn't very busy and we were lucky enough to find a low-seated booth by one of the windows. The five of us enjoyed a couple of drinks, lots of laughs, and marveled at the silent yet lively city below.

I can't speak for the food in the restaurant but do yourself a favor while in Portland, come on up to the City Grill for a drink and an appetizer (or desert) in the bar just so you can spend a little time admiring the view.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

On our last day here we had the privilege to eat Sunday brunch here. It is amazing and I can’t say I have ever had a brunch quite like this. First you go for the view. What a great way to see the city! We had a wonderful table to enjoy both the sites and meal. The choices were outstanding. The seafood selections were plentiful along with many tasty sides and salads. We also had waffles and eggs Benedict served and a custom made omelet. Bottomless mimosas with a variety of flavors can be ordered for a cost but other beverages are included.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

My food was served cold. The potato was not cooked all the way and it wouldn't even melt the butter. My steak was terrible! The view was beautiful and the green beans and bread were fantastic!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

This would be a great gathering place for drinks with friends or a romantic spot to sit by the window in the evening for drinks on a clear night. The lights of the city are lovely.