“Great food”

Ranked #1,067 of 4,863 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the beautiful city of Portland, our restaurant has been dedicated to offering the most memorable dining experience for you. We pick ingredients carefully and use only the freshest and natural food to prepare every dish. We try to cook in a healthier way to provide the most nutritious cuisine. Much attention has been attached to ensure you a cozy and inviting ambiance where you could enjoy not only the great meal but also the authentic atmosphere.
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I loved the food! We were looking for a restaurant with authentic Chinese food and we found it here. I had the Cumin Lamb, very flavorful. My wife had the Chong Qing chicken. Definitely suggest that people try this place.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Bottom line -- this has become our favorite restaurant in the Portland area. Their new items (on the white supplemental menu) are particularly good. Our only complaint is that the amount of duck in the Homestyle Duck stir-fry is a bit scanty, so we will ask for a double portion next time. Also, they do not go all-out to "numbing" per Z&Y in San Francisco, but that still leaves Szechuan Chef head and shoulders over any Chinese we've had around here. You can probably get a mediocre meal if you chose standard, American-style items. You will get a great meal if you go for the more ethnic, mainly Szechuanese items (and they have great xiao long bao, as well), as our most recent meal here confirmed.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 23 November 2016

My wife and I loved our dinner. We started out with pot stickers and hot & sour soup and followed with curry chicken and Szechuan chicken. The service was excellent as was all of the food. The prices were very reasonable and the surroundings very pleasant. We plan on a return trip very soon.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 20 November 2016

When I was a kid, we would go to Chinatown for dinner all the time. Since moving to Portland, we have been searching for good Chinese food. This is as good as we have found so far. Not overly salty or greasy. The decor is an odd mix of Portland industrial and cheap diner - not much to look at. Took them a while to seat us even though a lot of people were leaving. Food came out fairly fast but service in general was just OK. Mushu pork was good as was the beef dish. Orange chicken was not bad but not the first thing I would recommend. We will definitely plan on going back as there are not many great options in Portland.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank thatkatcal
Reviewed 4 November 2016

We visited on a Friday evening around 6:30pm; the restaurant was beginning to get busy but a table for two only took a few minutes to get.

The food was absolutely, to-die-for, tasty. We got honey-walnut tofu (which was crispy on the outside but the inside melted in your mouth), szechuan chicken (which was superbly seasoned), and vegetable chow mein. Our taste buds were having a blast.
Service was essentially non-existent aside from getting our order, and dropping off food or the check.

On a side note, I think that the food had a fair amount of MSG in it, as I got a killer MSG headache later in the evening and through lunch the next day.

Date of visit: October 2016