“Luxury place at popular price”
Review of Jake's Grill

Jake's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 4,889 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Alder
Transit: Directly across the street at SW 10th and Alder
Description: Located at the historic Sentinel Hotel, Jake's Grill brings the classic American Grill traditional dining experience to downtown Portland, OR. Inspired by tradition, Jake's Grill is proud to serve the finest meat and seafood in a classic, uncomplicated style. You will find the best steak in the city and of course, the best fresh seafood. Our classic bar serves hand-built, hand-mixed cocktails and a wide selection of single malt whiskies. Jake's Grill can accommodate 20 - 60 guests in our banquet rooms. Let us host your next event and ensure that every detail is seamless and professional. Create a custom menu and experience that you and your guests will enjoy. Make plans to experience classic dining with us today. Call us or make your reservation online.
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Nice place in city center not only for having lunch or dinner, but also for having a delicious breakfast. Highly recommended

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Had several large business meals here (8 people) and the food was good. Service done very well but overall it was a little underwhelming. When expecting the atmosphere and the quality of food to be a knock your socks off experience and it really turned out to be just ok. Not bad. But not a restaurant I need to visit frequently. Again not bad but for the price I want to be wowed.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a large business dinner - 18 persons.
The restaurant handled the evening really well, great wine list, and served platters of top quality wonderfully cooked and served steaks.
Top quality. Will visit again.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I ended up going twice during Portland Dining Month because the menu seemed so good I wanted to try all options. The food was delicious overall. Also they are very accommodating around things like last minute reservations and adding or removing a person. It does get noisy. Most of us had the fried appetizer, which was delicious. The one person who had the salad revaed about it. The person who had the split pea and ham soup said it was good but not that different from good ones they'd had elsewhere. First night we all had the seafood dish and it was wonderful - healthy and decadent at the same time, delicious, original. The second time I had the Ragout pasta which was lovely as well. Desserts were also wonderful although a bit unexpected. The tort - we expected a light dessert on the healthier side; it was richer than expected, but delicious. The bananas foster type dessert didn't look like the usual, more like a pastry with a few bananas on the side, but delicious. The first night we ordered onion rings to share - they are smaller, lighter than the usual bar food type. We all ended up getting doggy bags for some of the rest of the meal. So it ended up being an even better deal than dining month. Great wine recommendations for a decent price. One thing to think about: if you're there with people you really want to spend time with and chat, let the wait staff know; otherwise, the food comes at a faster pace than you might expect. And I'm sure that wonderful staff would accommodate!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I was a solo walk-in on a weeknight. I declined a table in the bar which has a bar menu as well as the restaurant menu. I opted for a window table and enjoyed the people watching as this was my first trip to Portland. My server, Lexi, was just excellent. Helpful, friendly and attentive without hovering. I had the Dungeness crab cocktail and salmon. Both were excellent. The menu is a mix of steakhouse and seafood. The prices are city fine dining prices as you would expect.

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Jake's Grill? Share your experiences!