“Tasty late night meal ”
Review of Southpark Seafood

Southpark Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Southpark Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 4,647 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: SW 9th Ave
Transit: Pioneer Court House Square (from yellow/green/blue/red lines)
Description: A chic Northwest eatery featuring sustainable seafood and farm-fresh ingredients. With the area’s largest selection of oysters, a menu that changes every single day and an innovative thirteen-seat raw bar, you won’t find a better place for a dozen on the half shell. As a proud partner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch® program, Southpark Seafood only serves seafood that has been fished or farmed in ways that minimize their environmental impact. For 20 years, this definitive Portland restaurant has been helping to shape the city’s dining scene into what it is today. Located in the heart of downtown, this iconic Portland restaurant is the perfect spot for lunch, dinner, large groups or just to kick back and relax.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Relatively good food, Late night find. Good service. Recommend the black cod but little bit on small side but matches price so I guess okay :)

Lindsay J, Manager at Southpark Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for the review!
I am glad to hear you had a good experience with us here at Southpark Seafood. We pride ourselves on delivering quality
service paired with delicious food. We hope to see you again soon!
Thanks again,
Lindsay Johnson

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We stopped in for lunch after a morning at the Museum of Art. We sat at the window by the Oyster Bar where our waitress seemed to forget about us at times. Skip the Lobster Bisque (no lobster and rather bland); Oyster sampler was okay (shredded horseradish root) & Fish and Chips were average. We did enjoy the two scoops of Gelato for dessert (although there was no mention of chocolate shavings in the Coconut Gelato, which was unexpected).

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

After a wine tasting tour, our tour guide recommended us Southpark and dropped us off for dinner.
We got there just before 6pm so we got the “happy hour” menu.
My wife and I had the clam chowder , best I have ever tried, we also shred the Brussels sprouts, excellent!!
I had the oyster sampler and she the beets salad, but those are just ok.
We closed with dessert and I had a fantastic caramel gelato
The check was around $50 including one cocktail

Reviewed 13 May 2018

First of all, nothing wrong with the FOOD. It was fresh and tasty. The service was absolutely terrible. Talk about neglect, even the server assistant provided better service than our waiter. Its all about the entire dinner experience, food was great but this server lacked any attentiveness. Other tables were getting great service except for ours. By the way, parking is free next to the restaurant. Reservation is highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

My wife and I did happy hour at Southpark last Sunday afternoon and it was wonderful! It was a warm afternoon so we sat outside and had appetizers and a couple glasses of Cava. We started with a salad, that was a cut above most HH offerings, that included roasted hazelnuts and a sauvignon blanc vinaigrette. Yum. Followed that with an order of Manilla Clams and then had the Spicy Shrimp and Grits. Both of those plates were very good as well. Service was excellent. I've read some reviews that have called this restaurant snooty. I disagree. It is NOT a downscale hipster spot (there are a multitude of those to choose from- enough already!) but if you're looking for a more upscale kind of experience, this would be a good choice for you. Reminds me of the new Q restaurant that replaced the Veritable Quandary. Although I sampled only a small portion of the menu, it made me feel like the rest of the menu is probably just as good. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again and do HH or dinner.

Been to Southpark Seafood? Share your experiences!