“My Favorite”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Beaverton, OR
“My Favorite”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I love this restaurant. There isn't a better spot for breakfast in this city for me. I actually went there the morning of my wedding with my groomsmen. Love the food; to me it is unbeatable. You'll get real ingredients, nothing reduced fat, yeah maybe not the most healthy in some situations, but not greasy or fatty; just good old fashioned ingredients, and that's a compliment. And the atmosphere is great, too. Expect to wait if you go on the weekend.

• Visited March 2011

Berrien Springs, Michigan
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My sister swears this is the best breakfast place around. I think it's okay, but nothing to write home about and I wouldn't go out of my way to go there.

Portland, Oregon
“Local tradition”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

No finer place for breakfast, if you don't mind waiting for a table. Amazing variety of pancakes.

Portland, OR
“Always fabulous food”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Get here early, or be prepared to wait it out. The wait is well worth the wonderful food. The owners take great care to source ingredients and lovingly prepare them, time and time again. Omelettes, Dutch Baby, and Cinnamon Pancake are not to be missed!

West Linn, Oregon
“Count on a great breakfast -- just don't count the calories”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

In my opinion, this place is THE place to go for pancakes. I started coming here back in the 70's, when I was in college, and still enjoy the food as much as ever. I have never had a bad meal here, whether I ordered cherry crepes, their delicious corn beef (home made) hash, pigs in a blanket, bacon and eggs with buttermilk pancakes, sourdough pancakes, the German pancake..., well you get the idea. I love the coffee and the friendly service as well. This place gets packed on weekends, so expect to wait. It's worth it, though.

Tip for singles: there is usually a spot open at the community table, if you don't need your own table or booth.

• Visited January 2012