“Great Lebanese food, wonderful location, outstanding service”

Al-Amir Lebanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Al-Amir Lebanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 4,815 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$0 - US$21
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Al Amir has been delivering for decades, and I was so happy to see that their star has not diminished over the years. I recently had a craving for my vegetarian favorites, ful mudammes and khudar, that just could not be filled anywhere else. My only regret was not having enough room to order another dish also. All around, a wonderful experience: a beautiful building inside and out, very attentive owner and staff, and the food could not have been better!

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner at Al Amir! The owners were so welcoming, the food delicious and the Lebanese cocktail was amazing. Would definitely recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

My mom and I went to Al Amir before going to the Keller Auditorium. We had the appetizer plate and grilled shrimp. They have the most pleasant staff, who are very courteous and attentive. The food was so delicious! They have THE best Hummus and Baba Ganooj (sp?). I found out they sell their own brand at Whole Foods too! We had their Lebanese Red wine and it came in a beautiful glass. Best wine I've ever had (and I drink a lot of wine!) And the shrimp, well, its just about the best there is. Grilled to perfection. The atmosphere was very cozy and relaxing. They had a mix of guests-families, couples and business people from out of town.

I'm sad we missed out on the belly dancer, but we will definitely be back on a Friday or Saturday night to have the whole experience.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

My relatives recently had a group of 15 at this restaurant and from the minute we walked in we were well taken care of. The owner recommended for our size we just do chefs chice family style which I think is a standard menu they do for large groups. It was amazing. From the hummus, baba ganoush, flafel, tabouli starters, then to the chicken, lamb, shrimp, beef and vegetable mains with a lovely salad and rice with a spicy sauce, everything was SO good. Only feedback would be to use better pita, it tasted like it was straight out of a package. Everyone commented that while we were all full, no one felt "stuffed" like you can with greasy food or rich food. Such clean and freah tastes. A new favorite for me in Portland!!!

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

My family came here on a recommendation and absolutely loved it! The potions are huge and the food was spectacular. The owner is such a nice lady and she has owned the restaurant for 28 years! On the weekends they have belly dancers as well. If you are in the area it's definitely worth it!

Been to Al-Amir Lebanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!