“An outstanding value for great, upscale food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 22 December 2010

The student-run restaurant in the Le Cordon Bleu school, Western Culinary Institute, is simply amazing. Even my picky parents with very sophisticated palates loved it, their favorite place in this very foodie town. The students cook and serve. The serve a different gourmet menu each day, in a prix fixe style. The value is incredible, 3 courses for ~$10, and 5 for ~$15. The dinner menu is $20 for 3 courses, or $25 for 5. All meals include tea, coffee, or soft drinks. The also have very reasonably priced wine. And it's very close to the heart of downtown - Pioneer Square. I believe it is only open during the week, though.

1  Thank DsGregory
Reviewed 15 September 2005

I can't talk about the food, only about the difficulty in getting to this place. Actually we never found it because the address in the guide book was wrong. The girl taking reservations had no sympathy and she told me that since I was late she could not seat me because the students had to go to their next class. She said it was 20 min after my reservation and it was actually only 5 minutes according to my rental car clock and my cell phone clock - both set independently of each other. When she gave me the correct address and I asked her where it was she only laughed. She wasn't very helpful. If you plan to go here, reservations are required, the hours are limited and make sure you verify the address ahead of time and be on time!! It's supposed to be a good value and an interesting way to get a multi course lunch or dinner for $10 or $20. Maybe next time...

2  Thank moonslice