“Yum, but pricey and packed all the time”
Review of Paley's Place

Paley's Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Paley's Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,811 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This restaurant gets excellent reviews - so we had to try it. Over the past couple years, we have dined at Paley's Place probably five times. The food is always very very good, as everyone says. But because of the popularity of the restaurant, reservations are a must. But just because you have a reservation, be aware that you may still have to wait up to 30 minutes for your table; and you may be seated in the back corner of the restaurant (where the ambiance is not nearly as nice as the front dining room or bar area). Each time we go, we feel like the host eyes us up and down and assesses where she will seat us. Doesn't feel good, but the food never disappoints.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Mr. Paley is not French but his restaurant is to kill for. When you're there don't forget the desert menu. The chef is amazing!

Reviewed 15 January 2012

We recently visited one of our favorite restaurants on the West Coast, Paley's Place in Portland. What a disappointment. Our starters were just ok. Both of our steaks were over salted. Seriously? I meant this restaurant has rocked in the past, now they overseason a very basic dish? My fruit crisp for dessert was heavenly (and the only dish preventing me from putting two stars) and my husband's creme brûlée was thin and watery. Yikes! Chef Paley, I am thrilled you won Iron Chef America last year, but you need to pay some more attention to your restaurant. It has slipped big time! And we won't be back until we see some seriously glowing reviews....

1  Thank Nilene T
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Consistently one of my favorite restaurants in Portland. Small, quiet atmosphere. Outstanding food and service with a perfect blend of French and Northwest cuisine. The meals are just perfect with the smaller serving sizes offering great value.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

For years Paley's was my top restaurant in town. Now there's a lot more competition but it's still a top 5 for me. Great food in an elegant atmosphere.