“Good food excellent service”

Higgins Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Higgins Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Andy was excellent. His wine and food suggestions were perfect. The mussels were cooked to perfection with a unique and great sauce.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I've enjoyed several things from the menu. Never been disappointed with the food or the service. Both are superb! This is one of my favorite restaurants in Portland.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Dont get me wrong the food was good, the dessert was excellent but the vibe of the place was kind of blah

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Had a wonderful dinner at Higgins. The cocktails were yummy too!
I had the Casarecci pasta with a ragôut of braised beef & root vegetablesand Parmigiano Reggiano cheese . Would recommend it highly!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We went for an early show dinner (4:45 reservations) and while our reservations were in the main restaurant, I wanted the Bistro Burger that is only available in the bar... no problem... first come, first served. Unfortunately all the bar tables (except for the bar itself) were covered with "Reserved" signs. What ???
We were forced back into the main restaurant which at least doubles the price of dinner. Now at this point in time I have to give the highest kudos to our waiter who advised me that in 20+ years he had never served the Bistro Burger in the main restaurant, but would do so as I was pretty unhappy. He was really a "class act" as he was helpful, knowledgeable and professional.
After looking at the menu, I decided that to have an "off menu" item brought into the main dining room would create nothing but grief for the waiter, I opted for the calamari appetizer special, chanterelle risotto and their butterscotch pudding (which I really think is close to heaven).
We were pleased with all the food (my companion had the petrale sole) however that while the risotto was cooked to perfection, it was very "leek heavy". Chanterelle mushrooms are delicate and easily overwhelmed... half the leeks would have offered a 5 star plate. "Just saying"!
We would absolutely go back... it is a perfect restaurant for a pre-theater dinner and ALL the staff were attentive and lovely.