“Tightly packed but delicious”
Review of Piazza Italia

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Outstanding, authentic Italian fare. Make reservations. Allow time to find parking. It's a European restaurant so everyone is pretty closely packed, but as long as this is the the dinner you choose to share some secrets, your party will have a great time here and feast like kings and queens. The pappardelle with wild boar was amazing. My wife found the actual spaghetti pretty 'samey' with other restaurants. The olive oil comes in a small cup and is awkward to share. But the staff was super friendly and accommodating. The creme brulee arrived on fire and was one of the best I've had; other desserts were well received by our party.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Quaint and comfortable atmosphere very reminiscent of a European restaurant. The food was excellent and perfect stop for lunch. I am anxious to go back for dinner!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

so we have eaten here in the past, and have eaten twice more this year. You can now book. The wines are sensibly priced and authentic heavy italian reds. The limited menu offers enough of a choice but all is freshly prepared and well cooked. You are probably safe choosing anything off the menu and it will be great

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Went here with a friend. It is a small place and not much room to move around. I would recommend getting a reservation if going during a busy time of the day. We were both very happy with the food and service. If you are looking for some good Italian food it is worth trying.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had to wait outside for about 15 minutes because our table was not ready. There are several tables on the sidewalk which I don't think I'd like to be seated at.

The restaurant is small but quite attractive and it appeared that our table was the only one that could seat 10 people. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and decided on this place at our daughter's recommendation.

Everyone had their favorite Italian meal which was very tasty and prepared very well. The one downside - the wine list. I requested two different wines from their list that they did not have. The alternatives were fine but in this day of computers wine lists and menus can be changed almost instantly. This is not the first restaurant at which I've experienced this.

The service was excellent and not hovering. I'm not sure haw the wait staff manages but they each help out. The gratuity was added to the bill and was stamped in bold letters on the receipt.