“Bad neighborhood and overpriced.”
Review of Alexis - CLOSED

Alexis
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town - Chinatown
Reviewed 9 August 2016

The food was ok, but not worth the price. The neighborhood is bad and definitely not worth the stop. I love Greek and Mediterranean food. I was riding the MAX for the first time by myself and got hungry. So I took a chance. Next time, I'll keep riding.

1  Thank AmericanInParadise

Reviewed 24 May 2016

We have been searching for a good Greek restaurant and this is the closest to our favorite in Richmond, BC ( Felicos). Be warned, this is in a sketchy part of town and there are dozens of homeless people you will have to pass by- I would not have felt comfortable if I was not with my husband. It did make for a rather sad walk to the place...once inside we were greeted warmly. The place is dark- high ceilings and the windows have coverings that let in some light but keep the sidewalk traffic from view. We enjoyed lentil soup and the lemon soup to start, along with some fresh, warm Greek bread- complete with a house made olive oil. We both were pleased that the soups were not overly salty. A plus in our books. My husband had the Kleftiko- a very different version than one we love. This was lamb, vegetables etc. in a puff pastry. I had a sampler type platter and the lamb souvlaki was the standout for me- tender, succulent, would definitely order that when we return. We split the dessert, a lemon custard baked in phylo and sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon. My husband really enjoyed his Greek coffee with it. A lovely meal, great service- if you are craving Greek food, check it out.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

We went to dinner here after a long and somewhat grueling all-day agenda of doctor appointments, and found a peaceful restaurant with some pretty good food! We shared orders of saganaki (flaming cheese), gyros with lamb, spanakopita, and the Greek salad. The owner came over and we talked for a bit when he asked us how our food was. We probably looked a little exhausted to him as we certainly felt that way! We enjoyed what we ordered, and when the waiter asked if we would like dessert, we said no as we were happy with what we had eaten. However, soon the waiter came back to our table with a delicious dessert "compliments of the owner" and soon the owner followed and asked us how we liked it. When I told him that we had had a rough day, that this little treat had made our day brighter, and that it was so kind of him to give it to us, he began to beam and to say that he was happy to hear this. We were blessed by his kindness and enjoyed the dessert.

Reviewed 23 March 2016

We've been frequenting the Alexis for over 30 years and have always loved it.
You're made to feel like a special guest from the moment you step in the door.
The food is exceptional! I love the dolmades entree with lemon sauce as well
as the kota rigonati (oregano chicken). The egg & lemon soup is memorable!
My spouse loves what they do with salmon and we always split a horiatiki
(village salad). It's pretty hard to go wrong here!

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Everything here is excellent-moussaka, spanakopita, calamari, grape leaves, Greek coffee, salads, staff, owner. Nice bar too in addition to restaurant.