“When you can't get a seat down the street...”
Review of Cheryl's on 12th

Cheryl's on 12th
Ranked #32 of 4,850 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Description: Pioneered by Cheryl & Ed Casey, Cheryl's on 12th is a New American restaurant & cafe situated in the heart of downtown Portland. Its beautiful floor to ceiling windows, quaint charm and delicious cuisine make it a hot spot for foodies all around. Cheryl's features cuisine for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served daily until 4:00PM M - S, and all day Sunday! Get here early to guarantee your seat and complimentary light, fluffy beignets. You don't want to miss weekend brunch with exciting specials, cocktails and a rare atmosphere full of service, family and friends.
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Cheryl's benefits from a popular nearby spot with an hour wait. At least that's how we and the people ahead of us ended up here. Aside from the five minute wait to be seated, the best thing about this place were the complimentary beignets. If I'd known about them I would have ordered a dozen for breakfast. They're like no other beignets I've ever had, it that they were extremely light (kind of like deep fried popovers). So delicious. The rest of breakfast was fine. The eggs over medium were served over easy (there is a reason I order them over medium...). The rosemary potatoes were boiled and then fried (so were a bit wet too), but well seasoned (plenty of rosemary). My friend's french toast was ample and light, and the lemon curd had a beautiful lemon flavor. Extra blueberries were given gladly. Service was friendly and attentive, even though the restaurant was full.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We were at Powell’s and got hungry. This place popped up on google and there was an available table, so we stopped. The food was very good and the service was quick and friendly. We all decided we will return the next time we are in town.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This was recommended to me by a co-worker and she was right that this is great for breakfast/brunch. The Portuguese fried rice was great! And i love the staff, they were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

A few coworkers and I went here for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. There was a short wait, but we were greeted by the owner with samples of their croquet monsieur sandwich while we wait. This may have been the first time that has ever happened to me and it left a lasting effect on our experience. Really good customer service. That being said I was deciding between the croque madame (monsieur with egg) and the portugese fried rice dish and decided to go with the rice since I had already tried the sandwich. While the rice dish was good, I will have to say the sandwich I sampled was far superior and I will be definitely ordering this next time we go. The menu itself has lots of interesting items I would like to try as well. Overall a great experience particularly with the great service. I can’t wait to try some of the other items.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I was using yelp to try to find a breakfast spot and while trying to navigate our way to Tasty and Alder I was drawn to this spot filled with people lined up both indoors and outdoors. Obviously we just HAD to find out what the fuss was all about. I gave our name and we were told it would be about 30 minutes, we ended up waiting about 50 minutes. Our fantastic server Christina and the complimentary beignets made up for the long wait though. Christina was very helpful in directing us on what to order,I ended up ordering the veggie scramble with a side of ranchero sauce (as recommended by our server) and had the roasted potatoes. My meal looked amazing however even with the ranchero sauce I felt it was just missing some flavour. Perhaps I shouldn’t have subbed out the feta for cheddar. My partner in crime ordered the chorizo and green chilli and he had the shredded potatoes baked in cheesy goodness and topped with cornflakes. The cornflakes kind of threw me off but omg, so delicious! It worked out perfectly because he liked my roasted potatoes better. We also had a Bloody Mary and unfortunately there was too much horseradish for both our liking. Our server noticed it was barely touched and took it off our bill after offering to remake it. We will definitely be back as I want to try the vegetarian version of their famous Portuguese fried rice and despite being so busy our service was wonderful!