“Amazing again”
Review of The Noodle House

The Noodle House
Ranked #1,534 of 4,649 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Asian
Description: One of the food carts at the N 10th Street "Pods" (a 30+ year old pod of 20 gourmet food carts).
Reviewed 30 June 2015

This was my second time at The Noodle House. After my last visit to PDX, I had to go back. As soon as I checked in to my hotel, I went right to get some dinner before they closed. One of only a few carts open on a Monday night at 7pm, I did not have the same high expectations as last time. Spicy Shrimp Noodles it would be. Amazing texture, 8 shrimp, and the perfect level of spice. Hands down, some of the best street food I have had. This set me back $8.50, and would have been $18.95 in any restaurant in the US.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

Walking up to a noodle cart, there were not high expectations. However, once you watch your noodles being hand pulled you throw all expectations out the window. Slightly spicy and in a awesome light sauce, the shrimp noodles did not disappoint. For $8.50 you cannot go wrong. Portland is a great food city with a lot of options. If you like Asian food do yourself a favor and do not miss this one.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We checked out the food trucks in downtown Portland and I found this great truck! I'm vegan so I was happy to try the sweet and sour eggplant! I never heard of this, but I loved it! It was served with dipping sauce and a large portion of rice. The cost was $6.50. Yummy!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The famous Portland food carts are scattered throughout the city, but there is a major site between 9th and 10th, bounded by Washington street on the north side where dozens of food carts offer up a tantalizing array of specialties. It is on the Washington street side that the Noodle House food cart sits, next to an Indian food cart and a couple of doors down from a Georgian (the one next to Turkey) cart. The Noodle cart offers the best handmade noodles I've had. The seasonings are well balanced. If you want spicy food that isn't too hot, ask for your food medium spiciness. We had the seafood noodles, which had squid and shrimp which were cooked to tenderness, not rubbery at all. We also shared a beef noodle soup. The broth was light and not salty with a delicious flavor. The soup was packed with meat, veggies and noodles. The portions were generous and the prices were very reasonable, about $7.50 for a hearty meal. There is no place to sit, but if you cross Washington and walk less than half a block east, you can sit in the park if it's not raining. Of course, like all of downtown Portland, this area has lots of homeless. This is a great cart to visit and definitely one of my favorites of the many available places.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Located in a beautiful old house on Broadway just a block or so from the Lloyd Center Mall and right off I-5 Broadway exit..You will find the best noodles, broth, and veggies making the scrumptious big bowl of soup that seems to go along with the Portland cool rainy weather. Ask for the home made udon noodles with miso. Prices are reasonable and the service seems good. Get there a bit early for lunch, the place fills up quickly. I actually drive way out of my way to dine on their delicious soup.