All reviews first floor would stay here again pet walmart furniture
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Did not even end up staying there because when we attempted to check in, they had no power and they tried to charge me anyway because I did not give them 24-hour notice! My son has a bad back and needed to lay flat and after a couple of hours waiting for them to call us and let us know the power was back, we found a different hotel. They lost us as a client forever and anyone else I can warn off! Horrible service!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother stopping here!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We have used this motel several times during functions at Portland International Raceway the last few years. It’s very conveniently located with a Walmart and shopping opportunities nearby. My big selling point is the pet friendliness. It’s not the nicest place but it’s clean and comfortable. A suggestion would be to add a box of Kleenex to the rooms and perhaps a hair dryer. The neighborhood is pretty sketchy but no one bothered us. A short drive to Vancouver and downtown Portland as a bonus.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Oregontam
Reviewed 16 May 2018

First of all, this is a budget hotel so I did't expect perfect. Yes there are no hairdryers, but if you ask them in lobby they will provide one to you if that have any, which they did for us. The room needed some small repairs, its seen its share of good times is my guess. But it was clean and the bed comfortable enough. They also have smoking rooms. The best part is the location to the Portland Meadows and nice short walk through the parking lot as they have a gate at the side. We were attending a large event there and its proximity and smoking rooms were the deciding factor for us. The other two hotels nearby do not have smoking rooms and are a much longer walk. Friendly and helpful staff here too.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dambanker
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights. Overall it was ok. Except for the room was plagued by ants. So that kinda was gross. They did come spray the next day after my daughter had to wake up to ants in her bed. But on the bright side I got to see Portland and I am now a big fan of that city.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Jim, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe, and we are sorry for the circumstances. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the bed comfort issues you experienced. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I was surprised for the amount we were being charged that there was no in-room coffee maker. Sure, it was available in the lobby - after 7am but we were usually gone before then. Also, there was no hairdryer in the room and I didn't bring one because every motel I've stayed at in the past has a hairdryer. The rooms were clean and appeared to be newly renovated, comfortable beds, the windows opened for fresh air and there was an area we could walk our dogs. I did like that there was a mini-fridge and a big tv. But, the lack of being able to make tea or coffee in the morning or after we returned to the hotel for the night ruined the stay for me and as minor as it is, I'll probably stay elsewhere next year.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Portland North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.