“Cool place!”
Review of REI

REI
Ranked #29 of 154 Shopping in Portland
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Very attentive staff! We were just walking around with no plans to buy anything but my wife saw a sneaker she liked & the associate was very helpful & we ended up buying them.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

REI has super customer service - both in the employees you meet and the guarantee behind their products. I shop here during a "Garage Sale", for online specials, and when I receive a gift card. Their products are quality and hold up well, but the price tag prevents me from being a regular shopper.

The Garage Sales are quite an experience. You will find returned items at bargain prices. (Sales are final for garage sale items.) Plan to arrive well before the store opens though and get in line. If you know what you are looking for (shoes, bikes, camping gear, clothes, etc.), go to that area immediately to shop. I passed clothing racks and went directly to shoes. I was able to get right into the shoe area. By the time I left shoes, there was a line of people waiting to get into the shoe area (a space limited room at the Town Center REI). When I walked back to clothing, the bargain racks had been depleted by over half of the items. Shop with determination and make quick decisions. I found some super "garage sale" deals.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

We love shopping here for tent pegs, jackets, n such. The have the best tent pegs around. The are long and pointy. blunt on one end while being sharp on the other. They have metal tent pegs, plastic tent pegs. even wooden tent pegs. They have tent pegs with holes and some with hooks. For the tent peg collector its a bonanza and a real find for pegging ones tent. This one also has a good water fountain. Nice and cold. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 23 May 2015

I heard Portland was either home to or had a large presence of outdoor type stores so we went to REI, North Face, Columbia and Nike and all were really nice.
Yeah, they are all retail stores around the country but they seemed bigger and nicer and more geared to the outdoor crowd / travelers than the stores here in So.Cal. (even though they are good here too).
The employees were all super nice and eager to help you look for what you were interested in looking for.