“Neighborhood gem”
Review of Bethany's Table

Bethany's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Bethany's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 4,867 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bethany's Table is a casual European style bistro offering meals made from fresh, local ingredients and served in a relaxed setting imbued with genuine hospitality. A beautiful private dining space is available to seat up to 40 people. Please call to inquire. Grass-fed beef, humanely raised (and tasty) chicken, fresh seafood, pasta, risotto, polenta complimented by unique ingredients such as foraged wild mushrooms, truffles and sea beans (wild asparagus). The menu is complemented by a thorough wine selection and a full bar. Dinner is served nightly from 5 PM - close, and lunch Monday through Friday from 11 AM - 3 PM. The Table is a popular neighborhood spot blessed with a loyal cadre of regular customers. This results in a large portion of diners walking in. For this reason, ​a number of tables are held out to accommodate walk-ins.
Reviewed 7 October 2018

I frequent Bethany's Table when I'm in Portland visiting my dad who lives nearby. This particular area of Portland/Beaverton is dominated by chains, so I especially appreciate Bethany's Table. The menu is innovative and the food is prepared with care. Sometimes my dad and I will just get the Pantry Board (prosciutto wrapped dates!) and a glass of wine and that's a lovely light meal. The only downside we've experienced is the restaurant can get quite loud, especially since they often have large tables of business groups. But other than that it's a great option in an otherwise challenged dining district.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Once agin we enjoyed a delicious meal. I think they do the best halibut in town. They also made a 51st anniversary very memorable. Looking forward to our next visit.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Bethany’s Table is located in the middle of the village of quaint Bethany in metro Portland. The community is a nice place to spend some time and explore the shops and Bethany’s Table fits right in. This is an upscale Bistro with a complete Farm to Table menu selection of locally sourced meats and vegetables. Our party enjoyed Halibut, top sirloin, chicken Marsala and risotto. We also enjoyed a great berries, cream and shortcake dessert. Very capable service makes dining there a pleasure. They have a nice selection of Oregon wines as well as those from further afield.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I had never been to Bethany's Table before and had a business meeting there for lunch. Prices were very reasonable and a surprisingly excellent array of choices (entrees, sandwiches, salads, pasta and more). First, the handmade bread is spectacular! Crusty and served with salted butter. YUM. I loved the Caesar salad appetizer followed by Vongole. The dessert was a butterscotch pudding with homemade peanut brittle. One of the best desserts I've ever tasted. I loved this restaurant so much that I went back for dinner. Steak bites with horseradish, then the bone-in porkchop with succulent fresh vegetables..all perfectly seasoned and cooked. The food is the perfect blend of classic choices, elegant gourmet, and delicious. The owners/chefs (Janet and David) are terrific. I would go back again and again and again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Service was excellent. We arrived early for our reservation and were cheerfully seated. The wine selection was very good, and so was the Oregon Pinot Noir and Pino Gris I selected later. Loved my sherry chicken mousse! I give that top ratings. However, I can't say the same for the seafood pasta. The crab was in small pieces, difficult to find. And I had looked forward to the Meyer lemon and cream sauce, but I was severely disappointed. The sauce, and thick cap of cheese, dominated the pasta to the point of being pervasive. I ate what I could, and when the waitress asked me what was wrong, I told her, but did not really complain. It was, after all, my call based on my taste preference. However, she did give me credit for the dish, even though I ate about 1/4 of it. Will I return? Probably.
BTW, the bread they served was the best I've had since I left Naples, Italy 23 years ago. They sell it by the loaf if you order in advance. I'm going to do that for sure!

Date of visit: June 2018