“Very nice farm to table”
Review of Bethany's Table

Bethany's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Bethany's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 4,867 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bethany's Table is a casual European style bistro offering meals made from fresh, local ingredients and served in a relaxed setting imbued with genuine hospitality. A beautiful private dining space is available to seat up to 40 people. Please call to inquire. Grass-fed beef, humanely raised (and tasty) chicken, fresh seafood, pasta, risotto, polenta complimented by unique ingredients such as foraged wild mushrooms, truffles and sea beans (wild asparagus). The menu is complemented by a thorough wine selection and a full bar. Dinner is served nightly from 5 PM - close, and lunch Monday through Friday from 11 AM - 3 PM. The Table is a popular neighborhood spot blessed with a loyal cadre of regular customers. This results in a large portion of diners walking in. For this reason, ​a number of tables are held out to accommodate walk-ins.
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Bethany’s Table is located in the middle of the village of quaint Bethany in metro Portland. The community is a nice place to spend some time and explore the shops and Bethany’s Table fits right in. This is an upscale Bistro with a complete Farm to Table menu selection of locally sourced meats and vegetables. Our party enjoyed Halibut, top sirloin, chicken Marsala and risotto. We also enjoyed a great berries, cream and shortcake dessert. Very capable service makes dining there a pleasure. They have a nice selection of Oregon wines as well as those from further afield.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 3 July 2018

I had never been to Bethany's Table before and had a business meeting there for lunch. Prices were very reasonable and a surprisingly excellent array of choices (entrees, sandwiches, salads, pasta and more). First, the handmade bread is spectacular! Crusty and served with salted butter. YUM. I loved the Caesar salad appetizer followed by Vongole. The dessert was a butterscotch pudding with homemade peanut brittle. One of the best desserts I've ever tasted. I loved this restaurant so much that I went back for dinner. Steak bites with horseradish, then the bone-in porkchop with succulent fresh vegetables..all perfectly seasoned and cooked. The food is the perfect blend of classic choices, elegant gourmet, and delicious. The owners/chefs (Janet and David) are terrific. I would go back again and again and again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Service was excellent. We arrived early for our reservation and were cheerfully seated. The wine selection was very good, and so was the Oregon Pinot Noir and Pino Gris I selected later. Loved my sherry chicken mousse! I give that top ratings. However, I can't say the same for the seafood pasta. The crab was in small pieces, difficult to find. And I had looked forward to the Meyer lemon and cream sauce, but I was severely disappointed. The sauce, and thick cap of cheese, dominated the pasta to the point of being pervasive. I ate what I could, and when the waitress asked me what was wrong, I told her, but did not really complain. It was, after all, my call based on my taste preference. However, she did give me credit for the dish, even though I ate about 1/4 of it. Will I return? Probably.
BTW, the bread they served was the best I've had since I left Naples, Italy 23 years ago. They sell it by the loaf if you order in advance. I'm going to do that for sure!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Love this neighborhood restaurant..The owners are very friendly, and top notch chefs...
The wait staff are really a lot of fun, and make for an all around wonderful evening..

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Great meal, friendly staff! Loved the chicken marsala, and the butterscotch pudding was to die for. This restaurant was spot on for Portland Dining Month. Some places seem to have decreased portion sizes for the PDX Dining Month special but not here. Will definitely be back. Love the "In Our America..." sign in the window.

Date of visit: March 2018