“Good bakery in Portland”
Review of Pearl Bakery

Pearl Bakery
Ranked #5 of 74 Bakeries in Portland
Description: Excellent Sandwiches, And Pastries That Make You See Unicorns
Description: Excellent Sandwiches, And Pastries That Make You See Unicorns
Reviewed 7 September 2017

One morning we stopped by to grab pastries to go, and they were good enough that we went back the next morning to do the same. A solid bakery, and worth a visit!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This bakery is difficult to find but worth to visit. It's located at 9th street.
We try some bread and sandwiches, there are excellent. If this bakery caffe is in my hometown I visit every day.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We visited this bakery as part of a food tour and had a chance to go behind the scenes, hair net and all. This meant we samples about half a dozen different items and the thing I remember the most was the simplest - the baguette.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

It feels a bit like splitting hairs when it comes to Portland bakeries--this city is full of many excellent ones--but we found the bread and pastries at Pearl good, just not great. Compared to a place like Tabor Bread, Pearl would pale in comparison. But listen, if you're in the area and looking for a breakfast or pastries or bread to go, it's definitely worth the stop. The croissant sandwiches we had were fresh and tasty, though not the best (or most French) croissant my husband and I ever had. But I would go back if in the neighborhood. I just wouldn't go out of my way to stop here.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We needed a pick me up after walking the area. We had coffees - which were very good - and croissants. I would go back.