“Nice quick breakfast - cute place”
Review of Pearl Bakery

Pearl Bakery
Ranked #5 of 79 Bakeries in Portland
Description: Excellent Sandwiches, And Pastries That Make You See Unicorns
Description: Excellent Sandwiches, And Pastries That Make You See Unicorns
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Giant French macaroons! Also really nice breakfast sandwiches and croissants. Recommend this for a quick casual bite. Can take things to go or sit in casually.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We tasted two types of breads: a baguette and sour dough. Both were good but not awesome. We then had givassier. It is a holiday meal in France. This was excellent. We also had a croissant which was not as flaky as I prefer. We tried the Irish soda bread which was delicious.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

This is one of my go-to coffee shops for business meetings. It's not too loud or too busy and I don't feel rushed when I'm there.

The staff is fast and friendly, I've never had trouble getting a table, and their matcha tea soy lattes are delicious. There are plenty of solid sandwich and pastry options available but I usually just go for coffee.

Parking is generally not too hard to come by and it's near bus lines, so if you're meeting someone who's coming from another part of town they shouldn't have much trouble getting there.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

The baked goods are scrumptious. They used local, in season fruits. Didn't have anything that wasn't tasty. Our decaf coffee was good, but our friends americano was weak, even on the second try.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

We sampled a variety of pastries and breads from the following bakeries during the first week of April 2017: Baker and Spice; St. Honore, Little T, Ken's Artisan and Pearl.

All of the bakeries had competent and friendly to somewhat friendly staff and the prices were all in the same range: $3 - $6 for a pastry and about $5-$6 for a loaf of specialty bread. If you are interested in quantity of product then avoid all of these bakeries.

Pearl tied with Little T for the fourth spots. We tried the whole grain bread and it was unremarkable. Their scone was somewhat corm meal based, which seemed different than most and didn't hit the mark for us. We also tried the two popular pastries "crown" something and "G..." and they were kind of bland compared to the other bakeries in town. I realize there is no accounting for taste but I do hold Gayles Bakery in Capitola, CA the standard and none of these bakeries were consistently as good as Gayles in my opinion.