New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Small Group Columbia Gorge Waterfalls and Wine Tour from Portland
Ranked #6 of 77 Food & Drink in Portland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We invite you to make your escape! We are renowned for our education-based small group tours and custom-crafted private journeys that blend the best of our region's stunning natural wonders, urban enchantments and culinary bounty into transformative travel experiences. Let our passionate, knowledgeable, and caring Escape Artist Guides show you around our incredibly diverse bio-region known as "Cascadia!"
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Incredible touring company from start to finish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Evergreen Escapes shows off the great NW with style! They pick you up in a brand new Mercedes touring van and off you go! From the cascades to the the coast I guarantee you will not regret choosing them to guide you! Special shout out to Kieron their Oregon tour guide :)

Makawao, Hawaii
“Loads of interesting information and Beautiful scenery!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

The guides on this trip were more than knowledgeable. Kieron knew something about EVERYTHING! And being a biologist myself I could tell he really knew his stuff... no BS.
They are fun, funny and friendly and take you to the most beautiful places in Oregon. It was the highlight of our trip to Portland, for sure. I highly recommend an outing with these guys. There are so many to choose from.

Visited April 2011
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful outdoor fun featuring Oregon's beautiful Gorge and Mt. Hood.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

Dear Kris,

This is just a short note to let you know how impressed my friend Judy and I were with the outing we had with your company on March 5.

We each discovered that we were not physically fit enough to do the trip justice. We could not keep up with the others in the group and were feeling distressed that we were slowing everyone down. However, our guide for this trip, Kieron Weidner, soon figured out a way to keep the two of us moving safely while the rest of the group scampered off at a more appropriate (for them) speed. This made Judy and me feel much better, and we greatly enjoyed being outdoors, enjoying the gorgeous scenery, and getting a bit of exercise.

Kieron stuck with us, even when the rest of the group zipped to the finish line and were in the lodge enjoying hot chocolate! We finally managed to get ourselves back to the lodge, with much help and encouragement from Kieron, and agreed that it had been a lovely day.

We won't attempt a similar trip again, but if you ever get a geriatric snowshoers trip together, we'd love to try it!

Actually, the real purpose of this note is to say how wonderfully well Kieron Weidner handled this difficult situation. He was so positive, no matter the situation our physical inabilities caused him to have to deal with. He was never negative or exasperated but just kept encouraging and helping us. Had I been in his shoes, I doubt that I could have stayed so positive and helpful as he quite genuinely was. We both appreciated him so much.

If Kieron is representative of your company, you are surely a wonderful bunch!

Jean Hunter

Visited March 2011
3 Thank ljhunter
LAFAYETTE
“If you're looking for adventure & 1st class service check out the Mt. Hood Loop Snowshoe destination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

A Mercedes Van picked us up at a downtown location and off we went on our 10-hour tour visiting Multnomah Falls, Columbia Gorge Hotel, and Hood River arriving at Timberline Lodge. After a first class buffet we ventured off for a snow shoeing trip. Everything was provided! Our tour guide very knowledgeable in all sorts of historical facts at every stop. If you're looking for first class service on your next adventure, this is it!!!

Visited February 2011
Seattle, Washington
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A true northwestern experience - highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

This is a new Portland branch of the same company that offers trips in Seattle (evergreen escapes Seattle).
After having excellent experience in their Mt. Crystal tour from Seattle I decided to take another trip with them - this time from Portland and was not disappointed. As my dates did not fit any of their scheduled trips they really went out of their way to accommodate my wishes and arranged a whole day (from 0800 to 1800) private tour for me to the Colombia river gorge at a really affordable price for such a trip.
My guide, Kieron, which is also the Portland branch manager, was excellent. Apart from taking me to see some great sights and finding others on the spot when some of the trails and museums were unexpectedly closed he was also a great company and made me feel much more like a friend than a customer - not something you usually get on guided tours. He constantly pointed out the interesting different wildlife and natural habitat we saw along the way and was full of knowledge regarding anything from plant and fish taxonomy, northwestern American history, geology and useful Portland travelling tips. We also did not go hungry and had plenty of great food to eat.
I would strongly recommend this company to anyone wanting to get to know different aspects of Portland and Oregon in a fun and unusual way and am sure to take a trip with these guys next time I'm around.

Visited January 2011