“very nice and clean hotel”

Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport
Ranked #72 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
British Columbia
“very nice and clean hotel”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

very clean , convenient , free shuttle to and from the airport and the Cascade station shopping mall.
Full kitchen with all the dishes and pans was great. Free internet . I really like this hotel and would come back if I need to stay in Portland.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear ancaster09,

Thank you for taking the time review of our hotel. We do appreciate you mentioning the conveneience of having a full kitchen. We do find that most of our guests don't mind eating out at local restaurants a few times a week but most guests would prefer to cook their own meal for convenience and cost savings, especially if they are staying for 7 or more days. We look forward to hosting you the next time your travels bring you to Portland. Again, thank you.

Nathan Storms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Very clean, very nice hotel. All the rooms are suites that have kitchenettes in them. All the dishes and pots and pans you would need are in there. This would be great for a family on a budget. We stayed only one night and then caught a plane the next morning. The shuttle bus was very prompt and we had no trouble with that. We left our car there for 7 days and upon our return, the shuttle bus was again prompt and the driver was courteous. This was a great hotel and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank bekncat
Dear bekncat,

We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel. Calling us "the best hotel near PDX" is a high standard and we are up to the challenge. Thank you for touching on the cleanliness of our hotel. We enjoy the opportunity to keep our guests, "home away from home" as clean as possible. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Laconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 August 2011

FULL kitchen was great! Closet nice and big. FREE washer and dryer off the lobby. "Cupboard" for quick food items was convenient, but very overpriced. But, the coffee was always free. Two computers and printers in the business center making it easy to print out boarding passes. No daily housekeeping, but they would have changed the beds on request. Towel exchange at the front desk. I personally like that as I don't need someone in my room every day! Front desk staff ALL excellent; never hurried or impatient.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear HelenDL,

Thank you for the excellent review of our Candlewood Suites- Extended Stay Hotel at the Portland Airport. I do appreciate you mentioning about our Full Kitchen as it is the perfect fit for a weeks stay. We do try to keep our prices down in the Cupboard and feel we have done a great job with ALL items value priced at $6 or less. The cupboard allows 24 hour food that you can make in the convenience of your own suite. Also, thank you for mentioning our weekly housekeeping service as our goal is to make you feel at home and allow you the comfort to work, sleep and play on your own terms. As you mentioned we do replenish guestroom amenity items and towels/linen at the front desk on request. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback we do hope to host you again soon when you are in the Portland area.

Boston, MA
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We were only staying in Portland for two days en route to Vancouver, BC, so we opted to stay near the airport. The best parts of the Candlewood Suites were the in-suite kitchenette, the free shuttle to and from the airport and public transportation, the on-site convenience store, free laundry on-site (we didn't use it but were happy to see they had it), and the cleanliness of our room. We only heard an airplane overhead once, surprisingly.

The staff was very helpful and nice, and we'd certainly recommend this hotel. It isn't romantic or cute or super-luxurious, but it serves it purpose and is plenty comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear BYOfood,

Thank you for the wonderful review about our extended stay hotel at the Portland Airport. We do appreciate the feedback. I am greatful that you mentioned our kitchenette and free shuttle. The full kitchen is a great way to save a few $$$ and enjoy home cooked meals. The shuttle keeps us within reach of downtown Portland as the MAX Light Rail System is just minutes away. I will make sure to let our staff know about your comments of how helpful and nice they were. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope to be able to host you again soon. Again, thank you.

Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I guess I was just turned off because I knew they had an airport shuttle but they weren't in the courtesy phone to call them to get that airport shuttle. I came from overseas so I didn't have access to a phone to call them to get the shuttle. When I finally made it to the hotel the internet was not working. The main reason I wanted the hotel was for the airport shuttle and the internet since I had work I had to do. They told me that I could go to Shari's and pick up internet there. The room was great and the cupboard was a great touch but I ended up only staying one night and going to another hotel for the other nights I stayed in Portland.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Supertalya
PDXCWGM, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback and for reviewing our hotel. I have passed on the information to our owners about having a courtesy phone at the airport. I do know that when we opened in late 2009 there were not any available spots on the courtesy phone at the airport. We do appreciate you mentioning our Candlewood Cupboard which offers 24hr onsite food to our guests. Lastly, I do want to tell you how truly sorry I am about the inconvenience of not having internet during your stay. Unfortunately, for our hotel it was something that was unforeseeable and we were unable to fix. Our internet service provide had an outage that lasted for 36 hours here at the Portland Airport area and we worked dilligently with them to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We do appreciate the opporunity to have you here as a guest and hope that you will give us a try again in the future. Please contact me directly and I will make sure that you are taken care of. Again, thank you.