Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$75
Agoda.comUS$74
Hotels.comUS$75
PricelineUS$74
TripadvisorUS$74
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2019

6 minutes ago
Was scheduled and reservations made for a week to stay maybe stayed on the 20 minutes due to filth conditions I checked in blood all over the bathroom wall it was the most disgusting shady motel 6 ive ever been to top it my baby woke up to a bedbug on her pillow they need major updating better housekeepers I gave it a one-star would not recommend anybody

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Portland Central, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2019

Hi Josh and Nancy,
On behalf of Motel 6, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you incurred while our guest as this is not our standard. We are committed to guest satisfaction and appreciate you taking time to review your experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Lilith V.
#Team6

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Originally I booked the downtown Motel 6, but then I looked more closely at it. Photos made it look shabby and reviews mentioned lack of parking - first come first serve - if no parking spots available, that's too bad. Also mentioned was a noisy train. Then I looked at this property, Portland Central - $20 cheaper for the night and decent reviews. Also looked like there was lots of parking, at least no reviewers were complaining they couldn't park their car, and the photos made the rooms look a lot more updated, and I also had the feeling I may have stayed here 10 years ago. Motel 6 is my top choice when I travel with my dogs, but I want a safe location where I can park my car near my room. I cancelled the reservation I made with the downtown property and booked Portland Central instead.

This Motel 6 was not the easiest location to get to or leave. I was coming from Bend via Troutdale and found the motel fairly easily, fortunately in daytime because the Motel 6 sign was off. Don't know if it wasn't working or the staff didn't turn on the 6 but it was hard to see it when returning at night after I'd been shopping. So much for we'll leave the light on for you! LOL! The motel wasn't fully booked, Monday night and there were tons of available parking spots, so it's not like they turn the light off when there are no more rooms available.

Room is small and clean. Or at least clean enough. When I was checking out and giving the room the once over I checked under the bed to make sure nothing had fallen under there. It was not clean. I doubt my dogs created that much dirt and hair in the 16 hours we had the room. No fridge or microwave like other Motel 6s have, but there was a communal microwave for use in the area where the vending and ice machines are located. Not that I used it - I went out to eat - but this might be useful info for someone else. Bathroom has shower only, one of those round jobs with safety bars. The Internet is free. I've encountered this type of WiFi at another Motel 6 location. I had my Kindle with me and I got online to Google and it defaulted me to Motel 6 log on where there's a choice of free Wifi or $4.99 and use your credit card to pay for it. Choose the free option. I used it for checking my email, not for surfing the net, and I found it just fine. Lots of parking. I was in a room at the back of the motel near the dog area, pretty convenient because I wouldn't want to walk the neighborhood at night. Even walking in daylight there's not much in the way of grass beside the sidewalks for the dogs to take care of business. For some reason Motel 6s I've been staying at lately are a magnet for filthy smokers to hang around outside my room and this motel was no different. There was a woman having a smoke outside my door after I checked in and got my key. The people in the room above were extremely noisy, clumping across the floor and then standing on the walkway hollering at each other. That might have been just my bad luck and not any particular common place circumstance at this Motel 6. You'd think people would be considerate late at night and keep their voices down, but again I don't know if that's an indication of the regular clientele here.

I had concerns about the bag lady walking around the Motel 6 parking lot, but she left, maybe spurned on by me and my two dogs going for a walk right behind her. She met up with another person pushing a shopping cart just down the street. Then there was another I assume homeless lady pushing her worldly possessions with her when I came back from walking the dogs. Yup, definitely make sure you take all the stuff out of your car, and lock it and set the alarm.There's a park about half mile west with a sketchy clientele, and I'm pretty sure the homeless live here. I saw a dilapidated car parked or maybe broken down beside the park with a man standing nearby with all his possessions piled inside. The car had a smushed in roof and the windshield was shattered. I don't know if it was driveable.

There's a shopping plaza across the street from the Motel 6 with a Target. McDonald's also just across the street. Several other small shops and restaurants nearby. This seems to be an older neighborhood with houses in decent condition and cars parked everywhere. This is new construction of an apartment or condo going on nearby. I would not be comfortable walking in this area at night, but it's fine in the day time.

This Motel 6 is in a bad location to try to get back on the I-5 heading north. I was stuck in Portland traffic for 45 minutes before finally getting on the 405 around 8:30am and then onto the I-5. It was awful. For that reason alone, because it was highly inconvenient to highway access, I probably wouldn't stay at this motel again. Also the homeless population coming onto the Motel 6 property made me uncomfortable. This Motel 6 could benefit by hiring a security guard to patrol the grounds, I've seen that at other Motel 6 locations.

Room tip: If you're not traveling with a dog, choose another hotel.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I reserved a room with a queen bed,email conformation stated I had queen bed.The staff insisted I had a queen bed, but the bed was the smallest queen bed I have ever seen. Room was clean and hotel was quiet.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Comfy bed. Extremely nice staff. Nice remodel. Only complaint was the WiFi in the back room of the property. One they moved me it was great. Close to some very good restaurants and right on the bus line.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The staff is amazing, but the cleanliness of the room was worst than the motel 6 thant I visited last year. No noises during my accommodation.
Parking and location are ok, the motel is close to Portland.
Internet is not free.