“One of the better restaurants I've went to.”
Review of Q Restaurant & Bar

Q Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Q Restaurant & Bar brings Portland a fresh take on seasonal dining in a warm and inviting space that is just waiting to be your new favorite spot.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

My girlfriend brought me here for birthday lunch and I had a great time here.

The staff was awesome, and so was the food, the food was really great. I ordered the tomato soup which was very good, special chicken pot pie was good, and then for dessert I had the chocolate desert which I ordered pre hand since it takes 45 minutes to make, this dessert was excellent. To drink, I had the blackberry freshly squeezed lemonade and it was awesome.

My girlfriend had the sweet potatoes to start, which were the best sweet potatoes I have ever had, this is a MUST EAT, I don't know they make them but it was amazing! She then had the steak skewer which tasted incredible as well.

Great great restaurant, this could have been my favorite during my Pacific Northwest Tour, you will not be disappointed!

Manager424242, Manager at Q Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

First, what a great girlfriend! Second, thanks for sharing your celebration with us. Last, thanks for the awesome review! Chef Annie and her team make everything form scratch. That pot pie is comfort food. And what they do with vegetables....try the brussel sprouts next time!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

All the bar and table service staff were helpful, pleasant and efficient. We were there to celebrate an anniversary and they helped make it nicer. We both ordered the halibut served with fall vegetables. My spouse enjoyed his. Mine was over-cooked, so a disappointment. Although an appreciator of Brussels sprouts, their crispy version also seemed over-cooked and lacked the flavor I usually love. We liked the starter of bacon wrapped dates, and I especially enjoyed the superb Manhattan mixed at the bar

Manager424242, Manager at Q Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Ruth, thank you for the review and for your feedback. At anytime you are not happy with a dish, please let our serves know so we can fix it on the spot!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Veritable Quandary was one of our favorite restaurants in Portland and when it closed, we were heartbroken. We were ecstatic when we learned Q was opening. For my husband’s 75th birthday we joined our daughters for brunch. With our waitresses’ recommendation, my husband had the smoky pulled braised beef short ribs and he could not have been happier. I had the most amazing quiche with carmelized onions, butternut squash and Brie....we cannot wait to go back for dinner next time we are in Portland!

Thank you so much for celebrating your husband's birthday with us! We are so happy to hear he loved the smoky pulled braised beef short ribs!!

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We had brunch there today and it delivers. Service and food were great. The menu selection is good, I had catfish with a side of lemon ricotta pancakes. A few people have mentioned on here about their crispy potatoes and they are indeed fabulous! Perfect poached eggs too. When you're ranked #1 you have to deliver over and above because people's expectations are going to be so high. Totally recommend it, plus we were able to walk in and get a table without waiting on a Sunday lunchtime. Look forward to eating there again....!

Manager424242, Manager at Q Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thank you so much Dave. We work really hard to maintain our #1 ranking by receiving glowing reviews like yours!!!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I was by myself so i was seated at the chef's table. it was awesome...like dinner and a show. Cocktails were delish. I cant say enough about the food, the stuffed dates were my fav by far

Sitting at the chef's table is such a treat! We are excited to hear you loved both the food and atmosphere! Thank you.