2,989 results
All reviews driftwood room driftwood bar hollywood theme gracie's restaurant de luxe pillow menu the pearl rooms are small beautiful hotel corner room hotel bar room service happy hour old school front desk staff valet parking few blocks
Reviewed 15 September 2018

My husband and I don't often get to visit downtown Portland when we come down from Seattle, because my in-laws live in Tigard. We were going to the Foo Fighters concert and thought this was our chance! The building is tucked away from downtown, but an easy walk to anywhere you want to go (especially compared to the hills of Seattle). I love the glass doors upon entry and valet was quick and easy. Once we came up the steps and I saw the gorgeous ceilings, I was in love. It feels like stepping back into the luxury of the 1920's. The historic movie theme throughout the hotel is adorable, I'm sorry, I had to keep my Audrey Hepburn keycard. I was delighted to find out they upgraded us to a suite, which made our day. We had so much fun - the bed was very comfortable, the room spacious, furniture and detail were spectacular. The robes are great, the mini-bar and amenities were fantastic, we, unfortunately, did not have the chance to enjoy their bar or restaurant, I would have loved to try their tea. You would never know this building was from 1912, but yet, that's what makes it so charming. If I had one gripe, it would be I'm 5'3" and the toilet paper was hard to reach :). Until next time... I've never had so much fun staying in a hotel until our trip and now I want to go back!

Room tip: Ours was high up and had great views of the city
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

BellaOasis I am elated to hear of your positive experience with us! We would be happy to have you back anytime to enjoy the historic luxury of the Hotel deLuxe, and don't worry - people often take the key cards as souvenirs! Wishing you well,

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The Hotel deLuxe is a wonderful restoration on a historic property. The design team knew just what to leave old, and what to update. The rooms are smaller than newer hotel rooms - but very comfortable. Gorgeous lobby. Kitschy bar. The main restaurant was great for breakfast (dinner menu also looked good). Friendly staff. Free Champagne happy-hour. A nice beer-garden owned by the hotel is across the street. Walking distance to other dining and shopping (10 minutes).

Room tip: Rooms facing the courtyard have no view. Ask for an exterior room if you want to see the city.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Jeff, thank you for your positive feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We had a lovely stay and cannot wait to return. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Portland. The staff are all excellent and the hotel is beautiful. It is close to downtown shopping and food.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! We are incredibly lucky to be in such a lovely neighborhood, I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Portland and the Hotel deLuxe. See you next time!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I can honestly say this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The front desk Melissa & Taya went above & beyond . So did David valet/ front door he was so awesome. Mazen in Driftwood was so great! I highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: August 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback! We work hard to provide guest satisfaction and i'm glad we were successful in doing so. See you next time!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

The rooms in this vintage but well restored hotel have a old-school Hollywood glamour theme. The beds are very comfortable and the shower in my room was incredible. I also love the lobby for relaxing and the bar is excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay.