“Pretzels & Beer - Say no More!”
Review of Deschutes Brewery

Deschutes Brewery
Ranked #47 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fusing a distinct Northwest and classic Scottish Pub feel, this Pearl District destination has become a convivial gathering spot of beer and food lovers since its 2008 opening. The brew pub's 26 taps feature Deschutes mainstays plus a selection of seasonal and experimental beers developed and brewed on site exclusively for the Portland pub. Executive Chef Jill Ramseier heads the kitchen team, crafting classic pub food taken to the next level. Jill matches our brewer's passion, creating dishes from scratch with the best possible local ingredients.
Reviewed 3 May 2017

So Portland has so many brew pubs its hard to choose just one to visit, but this one is good, very good.It can get very busy at times so you may need to pick your times. We visited at about 3pm so no problems being seated in restaurant side.

Not sure what my wife and son had, I think possibly the Brewery Burger. I wasn't overly hungry so I went with a pretzel, OMG it was awesome! The recommendation of the Black Butte Porter to go with it was a great choice. My only regret is that I was too full to order the Dungeness Crab Roll, oh well perhaps next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We had to wait maybe 45 minutes to get a table, but it was well worth the wait and you can grab a beer while you are seated waiting. Once seated at our table the service was great. We ordered a couple tasters and got a good feel for some different beers available, my g/f is not a fan of beers so I'm slowly introducing her to new stuff. Everything was amazing on the classic taster and we both ordered additional after we were finished.

I ordered the elk burger and it was perfect, so good and juicy. I was looking at the Avacado fries on the menu but wasn't too sure,I'll have to try them next time!!

Highly recommended, and don't worry about the wait, it's worth it!

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Was excited to show our out of state friends our favorite brewery. Instead we found them a slug. Literally a live slug in our salad. They gave us a free round and took the salad off, but still. A slug.

Service was good, nothing bad to say about the staff.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

If you haven't tried Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA, then you're blowing it. Seriously, you need to think about your life choices.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Just round the corner from the Fat Head Brewery Pub this is another establishment with a great selection of their own beers. We only stayed for a couple of beers on a Friday evening but there was a great lively atmosphere. I would have loved to spend more time here but we were only staying for one evening in Portland so moved on to try other places. If I ever get back to Portland I'll definitely look this place up again