“A part of France in Portland”

Ken's Artisan Bakery
Ranked #2 of 79 Bakeries in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I spent couple of days in Portland and the best of it, was my Airbnb next to Ken's bakery. Every morning we had a great breakfast . The bred is better than most in the bakery in France . House coffee is delicious and people are very nice. There are all kind of goodies and cakes . It works for lunch too.
A place not to miss in Portland
We couldn't try the pizzeria because it was closed for lunch time when we were in the area, next time.....

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Amanda L

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Great little bakery. Too bad they sell out so fast and they get crazy lines. We recently moved to Portland and wanted to find a good local bakery to replace our wonderful old one. This place really surprised us. The pastries are so good. We got pecan tart (so good!), and goat cheese & leek croissant (lovely, savory and light), berry croissant (good balance of berries and sweetness, but not too sweet), and peach (with basil we think) croissant (unsure about it initially, expected it to be too sweet since it's peach, but it was very good as well). We will return. Next time we'll probably also buy some fresh baked bread there as well.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Read about this bakery from Forkish's book and it didn't disappoint. The food was fabulous, the staff were friendly and the croissants... to die for. Better than anything I've eaten in Paris (and without the attitude!). My fav part about the bakery is the open concept, so you can see the staff cooking and baking. As legit as it gets.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I looked on TA for bakery recommendations and Ken's AB was rated very high. Ken's AB was a little over a mile walk and proved to be worth the stroll. I had the bacon quiche and a latte. The quiche was exceptional: the eggs fluffy and the crust was supreme. I found a latte to be mediocre and felt that I could've bested at it elsewhere. The building was clean and the service was quick and polite.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 July 2018

My boyfriend and I stopped here about two weeks ago to grab a quick breakfast before leaving town for the day. I had never been to Ken's, but it was within walking distance of our Airbnb and had great reviews, so I thought we could give it a shot.

I had been looking for a more traditional breakfast sandwich and was initially worried when we walked in and saw only buns, croissants, and breads. However, the available options still looked delicious, so I settled on the goat cheese and leek croissant and he the bacon quiche and we both got iced coffees. They warmed the baked goods up and we ate at a table outside - it was all to DIE for! I may have wanted a traditional bagel sandwich initially, but that leek croissant is going to haunt my dreams until I die. if you're looking for high-quality bakery items that are original and tasty, this is certainly the place to go.

Date of visit: June 2018