3,393 results
All reviews red star king suite wine hour happy hour animal print robes social hour wine reception living room bottle of champagne mini bar every evening voodoo donuts attached restaurant heart of downtown wine tasting valet staff the pearl
Reviewed 8 March 2017

My spouse and I booked this hotel using one of those hotwire deals where you don't know the name of the hotel until after you've paid. And we hit the jackpot! Seriously great hotel.

The lobby was beautiful and had free live music, beer and wine from 5-6, while we were checking in. The spouse talked them into a room upgrade so we had a beautiful corner room (407). Large king bed, lots of square feet, floor to ceiling windows, large bathroom with tub. Really funny wall paper with birds all over it. The bed was comfortable and clean, the room was very quiet (except for a garbage truck that came through around 4am, but you can't really control street noise.

The hotel has great amenities-- the ones you would expect like shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion-- all in large bottles, so you can use what you need and not create the waste of those tiny bottles. There also were amenities you don't expect-- an umbrella for use while there, a yoga mat, and robes in really fun animal prints (mine was a zebra!). The stuffed bear on the bed was a nice touch as well.

The staff were fabulous, and I loved the purple couch near the elevators. The lobby is majestic and relaxing. We had a great time at this hotel.

Room Tip: We loved room 407. but any corner room would probably be good.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
GM_MonacoPDX, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Hello SeattleReebs,

Congrats on the score! Glad you enjoyed yourself and found us a nice surprise. Keep an eye out for deals down the road; we've always got a special here and there. Hope you can join us again.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

The entire experience was wonderful. From the super cool decor in the guest rooms, the lobby and sitting areas, the friendly staff, the ice cold beer during the complimentary cocktail hour...everything added up to a perfect stay! Something unexpected but also fun, was that it was a dog friendly hotel. You'd never know though - I have extreme pet allergies and didn't sneeze once! The cleanliness of the hotel is TOP NOTCH! Honestly - I can't wait to return :-)

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor - no problems - no concerns.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
GM_MonacoPDX, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Hello iking484,

Thanks for staying with us, we really appreciate you staying with us. Also glad to hear that our Housekeeping staff was on point. As a fellow allergy sufferer, I know how important it is to ensure our environment is hyper clean! Hope you're back very soon,

Reviewed 6 March 2017

The Monaco Hotel boutique hotel is a grande dame that has had an eclectic update. The rooms are a comfortable size that are styled with a modern twist. There is plenty of closet space a and drawers to put things away.
The bed was comfortable. I always bring my own pillow so can't tell you about them.
They have a social hour with free local wine and beer and a few light appetizers that was very pleasant. It got more crowded as the time got on.
My biggest complaint is the shower. I could not get the temperature regulated. It kept going from cool to very hot.
Otherwise it was a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear collfitz,

Thanks for joining us, very happy that you had a chance to visit. While I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at our famous Social Hour, I did want to apologize for the challenges with the shower. We'll make sure to have our facilities team check that out. Have a wonderful rest of the winter and get back soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I recently spent several nights at this property for business. I have stayed at this hotel previously while in Portland, but it had been about 3 years. This stay was equally as great as the last. Service is excellent and very consistent, even after 3 years.

The Monaco is a very nice boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Portland. The staff always make you feel at home and strive to ensure you have the best experience possible at the Monaco.

The rooms are all different being that the hotel is located in an old building, so it is always interesting to see what you get. This stay, I had a nice corner king with a nice size bathroom and plenty of space in the room to relax and work.

The room service is excellent as well. It comes from the restaurant adjacent to the hotel, Red Star. The food is very good and served promptly to your room. It is also a great restaurant to dine in, if you want to get out of the room for a bit.

Location of the Monaco is good for both business and pleasure. Easy walk to most anything you could need for business or pleasure. Also, easy access to public transportation.

This is a great property with great staff. I would recommend it for all of your travel needs, whether they be business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Lv2CtheWorld,

Great to hear we lived up to a fond memory! Sounds like you had another great time with us; I do love our King Corner rooms as well and stay in those anytime I'm in the hotel myself. While it's not as large as a suite, it's got amazing windows and natural light. Thanks again and please set back soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I have to say that I was a little worried about staying here because it is pet friendly and I am allergic to dogs and cats. From the moment I walked in I felt completely comfortable and was put on a pet free floor which worked great for me. I did see a few dogs but not long enough to flare up my allergies. I assume there weren't many pets due to the time of year I traveled.
I stayed in a queen deluxe room which was nice and cozy and perfect for me since I was traveling alone. The only thing to note when I was checked by the manager on duty he gave me the impression i wasn't going to be happy with my room since he told me that once I saw my room I could call the front desk and discuss upgrade options with them. I found that comment a little strange but my room was great.
There are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Dear diasmiles4u,

I'm allergic to dogs too, so I'm very sympathetic about your plight. But even with all the time I spend in the building, our wonderful Housekeeper team does such a great job that you'd not even notice how pet friendly we are. Good feedback as well about your check-in experience; it's not a normal thing we'd mention at check in, so we'll make sure to share with our team for followup.