“Totally awesome ”
Review of Willow

Willow
Reserve with OpenTable
Willow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #215 of 4,861 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Great night. The service food and drinks were perfect! Good variety, perfectly prepared and excellent pairing of wines and beers

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank jamessM8197IB

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We went to Willow to dine with four of our friends. We all absolutely loved it!! First of all , the price was very reasonable $59 for a six course tasting menu. They also have two different wine pairings available as well as a beer pairing. And, should you wish to bring your wine they have a reasonable corkage.

I love the concept- a maximum of 10 people seated at a very comfortable bar interacting with the chef/ owner while he and his partner prepare and serve the courses.

The food was delicious- my favorite course was the rockfish- and the dessert - coconut cream cake was excellent. Every course was creative and consisted of locally sourced products. The menu changes frequently.

We get to Portland about once a year- we will dine at Willow every time we visit.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I wish I could give 10 stars!!!

This is not your average pairing experience, I left super full and couldn't finish my dessert, if you know me... that never happens.

These two men run the whole show, no extra workers. The night I was there was the last night if the World Cup theme. Oh My Drooooool!

So there are 6 courses of food, and you pick your beverage pairing, Reserve wine, House wine, Beer and Non-Alcoholic. I was driving to Vancouver so I had two extra glasses of whine with the food and the non alcoholic pairing. I am so glad that I did. I had drinks I never thought of before.

With each dish I would have a mindful moment just tasting the amazing flavors. They play with flavors and temperatures. warm, cool and frozen. At one point i had to describe a dish as fluffy.. it was the only word the fit.

They change their menu every 4 weeks, and they never recycle a dish. i wish I lived there I would get myself on a monthly reservation.

John and Doug are awesome! Go! NOW!!!

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank boofsizemore
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We loved Willow. The food, wine, and personality of the chefs made our experience a truly memorable one. We hope to dine there again when we vista Portland in the future.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Shoeshop
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

What an incredible dining experience at Willow. The food and wine paring and the present was unbeatable! Each course was delivered and paired with either wine or beer, your choice. The inspiration behind each course was thoroughly described as it was presented and the group was really small and intimate. I cannot wait to go again!!

Date of visit: June 2018